PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, trading my 2015 900ranger in on a used 2015 rzr1000 with 35 hours on it, it's got a metal roof and outlaw 2 29.5"...what all should I look for or be sure to check out as soon as I take delivery?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
A place to buy new tires!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those outlaw 2's no good?

·
Registered
818 Posts
I'd look it over dang good if it's got Outlaws on it...chances are it's been "USED" a little more than most. Make sure it isn't smoking any, check the oil, examine all axles/boots, test drive it!

Reactions: JJaxon and fswan

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds good, will do...

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
For pure mud bogging those tires are the gold standard, or were. They ride rough on trails and even worse on pavement.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Depending on the deal, you might consider an extended warranty through the dealer, many sell them and might be a nice piece of mind with a "relatively" new piece.

Reactions: Expat

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Checked it out and no go...Just signed papers on a 2016 rzr1000 xp 4 seater in titanium! Pick up tomorrow morning. Thanks for the input guys, it helped!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Was it ragged out? Lol

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Was it ragged out? Lol
More so than I could have lived with, the dealership that I do business with has had it for over 6 months so they were desperate to move it and it ran fine but I've never bought a used motorcycle or buggy so what the hell...why start now!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What was wrong with the other rzr 1000. And post some pics of your new ride when you get it

some nicks and cracked plastic from being high centered, could tell it had been out in the weather for a while, 35 hours/300 miles, muffler was totally rusted. trailing arms had a lot of chips etc. nothing major but all the little things added up to me definitely wanting a new one...

·
Registered
818 Posts
I think all those stock mufflers rust quick, probably from getting so hot? I've seen a bunch of well cared for 1k's with terrible oem mufflers.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
some nicks and cracked plastic from being high centered, could tell it had been out in the weather for a while, 35 hours/300 miles, muffler was totally rusted. trailing arms had a lot of chips etc. nothing major but all the little things added up to me definitely wanting a new one...
I think you made the right choice for sure. I've always said about buying used trucks. Never buy a lifted one with big tires. No matter how good it looks you never know what that person did with it before you

·
Registered
619 Posts
I decided on the new Ranger after watching what people do to them on You Tube. I saw a video of a dude that had one snorkeled past the roof and literally drove it 100% underwater across a river. After that, I was sold on a new one. At least I know what stupid stuff I've done with it, lol.

Reactions: Clev

·
Registered
818 Posts
Anything can be made submersible. There's a video of a stock Rhino with a tall snorkel on it doing the same thing, you could have bought one of them for a lot less.....Haha.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Anything can be made submersible. There's a video of a stock Rhino with a tall snorkel on it doing the same thing, you could have bought one of them for a lot less.....Haha.
Yeah - but now he has a NEW one and sometimes the extra money is worth the piece of mind if it makes you feel better. I seem to buy everything brand new unless I'm getting it from a friend, where I know the history.

Reactions: Clev

·
Registered
478 Posts
let us know how much more u like the rzr 1000 4 seater cause that what im thinking about trading my ranger 900 crew in on, im just torn between turbo or non turbo

1 - 19 of 19 Posts