PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in my other thread i stated how many issues I've had in getting my new 2015 570 to start in cold weather. Well the day i took it back to the dealer for the 3rd time in 5 weeks I noticed a wet spot on my passenger side inner rear cv boot. I looked right above it and there sits the crank case vent tube with oil in it. My dealer told me that it's totally normal and everyone complains about it. He says that it's the oil blow by coming out instead of being dumped back into the system like in trucks. I'm not saying he's wrong cause i don't know much about that stuff. But i thought that vents were for gasses and drains were for liquids. This is the tube for the crank case vent...not drain...why wouldn't Polaris just make the tube 6" longer and it would hang below the axle and it would drip on the ground. But wait then it would drip on my garage floor...not cool. "Yeah that oil spot on my floor is from my brand new Polaris ranger, but don't worry that oil is supposed to drip out. Polaris says it's normal."
"They should supply you with a can of oil dry in the storage box at the time of purchase."
none of my other atv's dripped on purpose.
keep in mind this ranger has less then 10 hours on it.

Reactions: Rum Runner

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
You are making my decision to keep my 500 instead of trading on a 570 so much easier

·
Registered
427 Posts
Every atv, side x side, golf cart etc that crank case vent tube always is routed into the airbox. Like on the rhinos which were notorious for puking oil into the airbox at high rpms thus causing the blow by oil to get ingested back into the engine and smoke badly. Can you take some pics of this tube

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
almost sounds like rear diff/trans vent... i cant imiagine that from the factory polaris would let the CCV just run out into the open atmosphere...hell...i wouldnt think it'd pass "emissions" like that!? if it IS vented outside normal, it would be worth your time (calculated in the price of gold) to re-route, extend and then filter that sucker..maybe even route it to the air box...otherwise, im sure it'll spell out disaster down the road. AND...if this IS the scenario...hopefully other owners will catch this as well and fix theirs too...

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll take pics when or if I'll get my ranger bsck.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
My '06 XP would puke a little fluid out of the tranny vent tube after an extended high speed run, but only because I was overfilling my tranny a few ounces to quieten it down, and I only had that happen twice in over 7 years of owning it. After it puked out those extra few ounces, it would quit.

That doesn't sound "normal" to me, but I'm not overly familiar with the quirks of the 570, so I'm curious to see what other 570 owners have to say. I agree with Wagz.......I can't imagine that the CCV should be routed to anywhere other than the airbox for re-burn.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I can vouch that the ccv isn't routed to airbox, the 570s are the same way. Although all my buddys 570 razrs don't puke any oil out the vent. It really sounds like you got a lemon and they need to give you a new ride

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Sure looks likes from the parts book that it vents to the air intake system, mid and full size have a little different setup but both have a reed valve style breather with a tube to the intake.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Well let me correct myself, the 570 razr has the vent like he's talking about. I can't say about the ranger though

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Thats ABSOLUTLEY retarted that they would vent it to the atmosphere...talk about a horrible, bad, terrible, STUPID idea...omg! Doods...i wander how many ppl will swampt these things and junk the engine.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
The Razr's tube on the end have that morphodite molded v like the atv's have, the one you have to burp when the oil is changed, at least that is what it looks like, suppose to act like a one way valve.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
The RZR 570 is supposed to vent into the intake tube up under the fender and the Ranger 570 vents into the tube in the elbow. If the crankcase vent tube isn't going into the intake tube there should be an open hole where they are supposed to be.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Sorry rock but they dont. We have 4 razr 570s in our group and not one has a opening. The vent was just hanging

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
yah, to the Original poster, better check your intake boot and see if there's an open hole...according to the parts diagram, There should be!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wont get it back till at least Thursday. I sure would like to have it for our firearm deer season this weekend.

·
Registered
616 Posts
This is particularly disturbing considering I am about to purchase a crew 570....

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No what's disturbing is I spent a year desiding what I wanted to buy and then I end up with a $12,200 problem. At least you haven't wrote a check yet.

Reactions: Mtjag

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
These type of posts really make polaris look bad when in all honesty it's the best buggy on the market. Every brand has its lemons and friend I think you got one. Me and all my buddys run polaria and bash the ever living crap outta them and they just take it.

Reactions: Streets

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
These type of posts really make polaris look bad when in all honesty it's the best buggy on the market. Every brand has its lemons and friend I think you got one. Me and all my buddys run polaria and bash the ever living crap outta them and they just take it.
I agree.

Based on what has been posted, it seems there is some confusion about exactly where the vent hose should be ran. I don't have a positive answer, but it "ought" to be ran into the airbox. If some guys have machines that are ran into the airbox/intake and some have them elsewhere, that sounds like a dealer prep' issue and not necessarily Polaris' fault. I may be wrong but suspect that's something that may need to be addressed when the machine is uncrated and assembled by the dealer.

Reactions: mustangwagz
1 - 20 of 96 Posts