PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon. My 2006 Ranger 700 started running bad and smelled like gas. I shut it off and raised the seat and the plastic in line fuel filter was cracked. I replaced it and it now will not start. I have done the following:
Checked fuel pressure, 40PSI
Replaced spark plugs.
Replaced spark plug wires.
When I changed the plugs it fired weekly once. I would appreciate any advice guys.

·
Administrator
6,987 Posts
Check for spark Lee... That blue stuff that comes out of the end of the spark plug when you ground it out on the metal.

You may have a new problem with the POWER MODULE... Can you hear the fuel pump kick on ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check for spark Lee... That blue stuff that comes out of the end of the spark plug when you ground it out on the metal.

You may have a new problem with the POWER MODULE... Can you hear the fuel pump kick on ?
Hey Jungleman. Yes I hear the pump and it checks at 40 psi. I checked for spark this morning and I have good spark. But when I cranked the Ranger fuel shot out of the cylinders! I dont mean a mist like asperated engine, I mean a lot.

·
Administrator
6,987 Posts
Hey Jungleman. Yes I hear the pump and it checks at 40 psi. I checked for spark this morning and I have good spark. But when I cranked the Ranger fuel shot out of the cylinders! I dont mean a mist like asperated engine, I mean a lot.
Lee, your fuel pressure regulator may be stuck open.

·
Administrator
6,987 Posts
Lee, if you are testing the pressure with a REAL FUEL PRESSURE TESTER and it says "40" then it is not the regulator . You are using a REAL FP TESTER .correct ?

Have you ever done a compression or a leak down test on the old girl ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lee, if you are testing the pressure with a REAL FUEL PRESSURE TESTER and it says "40" then it is not the regulator . You are using a REAL FP TESTER .correct ?

Have you ever done a compression or a leak down test on the old girl ?
Yes, it is the Actron recommended by PRC. I hit the key and it goes straight to 40 but, then loses pressure.
I have never done a leak down test nor a compression test.

·
Administrator
6,987 Posts
Lee..........Harbor Freight for a compression tester...........both plugs out.........wide open throttle ..... same amount of revolutiions for each side ...... Be looking for 150 + both cylinders within 10%

1 - 8 of 8 Posts