PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 570 MS is only one year old and I am having battery issues already. Is it possible to install 2 batteries in these units? Would like to have one that runs my radio when the ignition is turned off.
Thanks gain for your help?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Don't bother, replace it with. AMG full-size. I did two years ago. Zero issues.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
This one.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
You are wise to stay on top of your charging system and battery. Bad batteries can result in expensive repairs to the charging system and the OEM usually puts the least expensive battery they can buy in vehicles for sale. BigCorey's idea is sound, replace with a full sized AGM battery. Odyssey makes very good but pricey batteries that many on this site use. Some have reported they are still good after 10 years use which is very good service for a battery.
No matter what battery you get you can extend it's life by regular use of a good trickle charger such as a Battery Tender or similar. I use one religiously.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are wise to stay on top of your charging system and battery. Bad batteries can result in expensive repairs to the charging system and the OEM usually puts the least expensive battery they can buy in vehicles for sale. BigCorey's idea is sound, replace with a full sized AGM battery. Odyssey makes very good but pricey batteries that many on this site use. Some have reported they are still good after 10 years use which is very good service for a battery.
No matter what battery you get you can extend it's life by regular use of a good trickle charger such as a Battery Tender or similar. I use one religiously.
Thanks Pyro! I was hoping to find a battery that would be stock size, and would not need to be trickle charged in between runs...too much to wish for I guess. Looked at the Odyssey---pricey and they don't have one to fit the 570. I did go with the trickle charger and it definitely helped--guess that is what I'm stuck with!

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Thanks Pyro! I was hoping to find a battery that would be stock size, and would not need to be trickle charged in between runs...too much to wish for I guess. Looked at the Odyssey---pricey and they don't have one to fit the 570. I did go with the trickle charger and it definitely helped--guess that is what I'm stuck with!
If you read the Odssey battery information they hold up very well even in cold temperatures without a trickle charger, much better than conventional batteries. I am just anal about using a charger.
https://www.odysseybattery.com/Batteries/DesignAdvantages

Honestly, in the long run, you'll be better off fabricating a battery box that will hold a full sized battery and using one of them instead of the size your Ranger came with. The charging system on your Ranger isn't anywhere near as robust as that in a car or pickup truck so if you add any accessories it really loads the charging system with that small battery. In cold weather all batteries lose some cranking power, (the Odssey is one that loses the least) and that tiny battery doesn't have much reserve capacity to being with. Using a tiny battery can mean less reliability and more replacements of starters and charging system components. If you ABSOLUTELY must have a small motorcycle type battery AGM motorcycle types are manufactured. I have one in my Harley. You'll just have to shop around.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is the battery tray I made. Worked like a charm.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is the battery tray I made. Worked like a charm.

Nice looking job! So you just bolted this to the floor beside where the original battery sat? Looks like there should be something that already exists at an auto parts store I could just bolt in without fabricating one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, I welded a bracket on the bottom of this frame that bolted to the tray that was already there. I also painted it up.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
You might also check out a marine dealer. Some outboards come with a battery tray that isn't used by boaters becasue it's steel. A marine dealer may have one lying around for next to nothing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I will receive my Odyssey https://www.batterymart.com/p-odyssey-pc1200-battery.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw5_DsBRBPEiwAIEDRW-f1Ry35_bze0BIXI6YBw97Mf5hiKOza7imkYNStCwR_0BXCONwGKxoChNYQAvD_BwE
battery tomorrow. It should fit my 2019 900xp without having to modify the bracket. As soon as I have it installed I will post some pictures. I have used Odyssey batteries in my boat for years and one thing you need to know is they have battery tenders that they recommend to keep their warranty valid. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BXL2BS4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This is one that is authorized and I have used for a long time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
New batter installed using the existing battery bracket. Had to use a piece of dry deck to shim because the battery is shorter than the original 2019 Ranger 900 XP battery also had to reverse the positive and negative position, but the cables are long enough. Second picture is of the competed install and on charge with an approved Odyssey charger.

·
Registered
534 Posts
nice install,big battery would be nice but I got 5 years out of the OEM unit so I went for the same when it finally died.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts