PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this topic was mentioned at the ranger XP 900 forums. Is your stock crew ground clearance 11.3 (as stated at the polaris website) or is Polaris fibbing? Even the yahama viking YouTube promotion video mocks polaris that they fib about their ground clearance on their 800 rangers.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
not even close to 11.3. I think mine was about 8" as delivered. You might get 11.3" with all shocks on the outside holes and all springs cranked to max preload.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
.........You might get 11.3" with all shocks on the outside holes and all springs cranked to max preload.
I doubt it.....not if the "true" stock ground clearance is around 8".

·
Registered
764 Posts
The answer is yes...here are front and back shots of 2014 900 crew...front shock bolted to inside hole, back shock bolted to outside hole...machine 100% stock in these pics...

Front

Back

But it didnt stay that way for long :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
My 2015 crew measured 9 inches of GC from the factory...

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
I wonder what the variable is here???

·
Registered
552 Posts
After 1 drive, 14 Lbs in stock PXT tires, shocks out outer mount and lowest setting 10.5 inches. 03 Rear Before.jpg

·
Registered
102 Posts
Old thread, but I wish I'd have measured mine before putting the marshal Motoart bracket lift on. My measurement is between the front and rear seats. From the ground to the bottom of the plastic is 12.5". 27" tires on 14" wheels and shocks on the outer holes. If I remember, I'll measure where the others have in this thread.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts