PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone install a 50" led curved lightbar on there full size machine yet ???? my finger is on the buy now button ready to go but I guess I should make sure it will work first ,,,,,any pictures of your install will help ,,,,thanks

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Also very interested in pictures and how and where you are mounting them

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yep, I am interest in pics of a 50" curved light mounted to a Ranger 900

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the pro fit premium roof with the tip out glass window with the windshield wiper kit on it I mounted it as close as I could to the windshield because of clearance reasons when I load it in my enclosed trailer but far enough back when I lift the windshield the wiper doesn't hit the light but it does push on the light a little. I took the roof off first to see where I could mount the light drill holes threw the metal bar going across the roof line and put the roof back on and drilled threw the metal bar threw the roof to line up the holes and mounted the light put silicon on to prevent water coming in the cab.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I ran the wiring down the a pillar on the passenger side under neath the window so the window holds the wire did not use tie raps. I ran the connection plug underneath were the fender and the cowling meet. Make sure u leave a little slack were the cord comes out of the light and down the a pillar so u don't get pinched or the roof don't cut the wire from rubbing. If I can figure it out I will post pics I am to new at this to know how to post them

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pictures would be great,,,,,,,cant wait to see it

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the pics ,,,looks great ,,,is that a curved light bar or straight?? its hard to tell with those shots,,,,that thing must light up the whole world,,,,,,.....

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
It is a curved 50" all the lights I got from light it up off-road
Hows the quality of that curved 50? Thats the one im looking at also. And any pictures of it at night? Are you happy with the light output? Sorry for all the questions I've never had a lightbar I've been back and forth for months on doing it or not. Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Quality seems good haven't driven it at night cause we are not allowed to drive on streets at night but when I hooked it up to a battery in the backyard it maid it look like it was daylight super bright

·
Registered
23 Posts
I needed a light higher then the stock lights because I am buying a boss snow plow and everything I read is saying u can't use ur stock lights because the blade is to tall so I just bought that for the hell of it and 2 back up lights

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I installed my lightbar today,,,,50" curved,,,,i had to make new brackets to make it fit,,,,,,but its freeking awesome!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
got my lightbar on ,,,works great bright as hell ,but the switch I used has a 15 amp breaker in it and I keep blowing it should I be ok or should I be running a relay or just a heavy duty switch with a 20 amp feuse im wired right to the battery ??? im thinking that its a faulty breaker because I have never had this problem before,,,,,any thoughts????

Attachments

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
how many watt? 300? to find amperage, you divide wattage by voltage...if its 300, then you need a 25 amp circuit. For a bar that big, id do a relay setup. Thats alot of power to be pulling through a rocker switch. Ive had the switches apart (not on purpose..lol) there isnt much to em on the inside man. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
I agree with WagZ! Even if you switch the Circuit Breaker to 25 amps, it will still allow too many amps into your switch so instead of popping the CB, you'll fry you switch! No practical way around using a relay!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks guys I will give it a shot!!

Reactions: mustangwagz

·
Registered
559 Posts
My straight 300 watt 50" eyourlife bar draws 20.7 amps at 12.6 volts.... KOEO

I ran a relay with mine with a 30 amp breaker.

Pin 30 comes straight off the battery post and pin 87a comes off of the key power post. All grounds went to the ground post. Wire was all 12g fine strand. Go to the electrical department and get power tool cord. Much finer wire, carry the current better (surface area of the strands), and more flexible than the normal stranded wire.

I am with Wagz, I bet the switch is toasted.....

Hope that helps.

Du

1 - 20 of 30 Posts