PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Custom UHMW Skid plate finished
[HR][/HR] Well my winter project for my UHMW full skid plate is finished. I didn't like any of the manufactured skid plates and their pricing and shipping cost were way to pricey.

Off to the plastic store and picked up a 4x8 sheet 3/8 UHMW and started to rip and tare. One major mod I did was to cut out the bulge in the metal skid plate under the motor. I had already dented it in on a big rock. I cut out a 6"x18" strip and flatten the rest, than welded in some 3/16" flat bar in its place making it flat across the bottom.

I ended up making it in 3 pieces as I wanted to go completely across from rocker to rocker. I than used 2"x 1/8" angle iron as a frame for the front leading edge and along the rocker panel. This made for a nice clean and functional rocker guard. I than also removed the black plastic inner fender piece and welded in a piece of 2" angle in place of it.

It took lots of cutting, bending and welding as well as drilling and taping to get every thing to fit into place but in the end it turned out great.

The sheet of UHMW cost me about $300 and about $50 in steel and hardware.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1166x874 and weights 304KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1166x874 and weights 310KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1166x874.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 656x875.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1166x874.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That looks great. I am tearing up my plastic one. I am going to have to do something pretty soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Off-Road Forums

1 - 2 of 2 Posts