PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my front axles with these DTA CV’s last August.
I just noticed that one of the retainer rings on the boot near the differential worked itself loose and slid down the axle and was flopping around next to the strut.

I was able to slide it back in place but it is loose.

What is the best method to fix this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well I see why it came loose. The right side CV is making contact with the frame. The left side has about 3/16” clearance. Never noticed how close they are.

Might have damaged the frame slightly plowing snow. However other than this, I don’t see anything that looks bent or out of place. Probably need to slip some washers under the front diff to gain more clearance.

Right side

Left side

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I don't know why that one side is rubbing the frame, but the cv boot clamp is an easy fix. There are a few style clamps available. The bottom picture looks like it has a strap type clamp on it. This is kind of universal and there is a simple cheap tool available that just winds up the strap, then bend it over and bend the ears down and cut it off. Any automotive parts store should have these. The other style is a crimp type and requires a crimping tool, although I have gotten those on using a big pair of needle nose pliers.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know why that one side is rubbing the frame, but the cv boot clamp is an easy fix. There are a few style clamps available. The bottom picture looks like it has a strap type clamp on it. This is kind of universal and there is a simple cheap tool available that just winds up the strap, then bend it over and bend the ears down and cut it off. Any automotive parts store should have these. The other style is a crimp type and requires a crimping tool, although I have gotten those on using a big pair of needle nose pliers.
Thanks for the info, I did some searching and see CV repair kits at the local auto store. I will have to determine why its rubbing, and fix that first. Its been a rough winter and I recently hit a frozen snow bank and turned my 72 inch steal straight blade plow into a V plow. It has been non-stop repairs the last couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
The diff mounting plate may have cracked or busted. Fingers crossed 🤞 for what you find.

Reactions: pyromedic

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thankfully the diff mount looks solid. I suspect the frame may have twisted slightly up on the right side from the impact with the snowbank. I’m thinking spacers under the diff might be the possible solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts