PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m going this week to look at 2 machines and am buying one. The 2 are a 2016 ranger diesel or a 2019 ranger 900. Buying for mostly work around the property and the occasional trail ride. Anyone with experience with either of the two I would greatly appreciate the feedback thanks very much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The diesels are a dog. You’d be much better off getting the 900.

Thanks for your response, I have heard that the diesels are no good for power at higher speeds. I think the dealer is pushing that one towards me because they want it off the lot !!! Researched them a bunch and get mixed reviews.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Thanks for your response, I have heard that the diesels are no good for power at higher speeds. I think the dealer is pushing that one towards me because they want it off the lot !!! Researched them a bunch and get mixed reviews.

It will not be good for trail riding I want to say it’ll do 25-30 mph. You won’t find a good diesel sxs. Anything over 25hp requires 3500 dollars in emissions.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have quite a few customers the diesels and they love them. But........they're ranchers that use them for work exclusively. They have great low end power, very reliable engine wise and excellent longevity. Since you put trail riding in there I would definitely go with a 900. Oh yeah, the diesels are loud.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have quite a few customers the diesels and they love them. But........they're ranchers that use them for work exclusively. They have great low end power, very reliable engine wise and excellent longevity. Since you put trail riding in there I would definitely go with a 900. Oh yeah, the diesels are loud.
Great, thanks so much.. okay so I’m definitely leaning towards the 900 at this point. Especially seeing how the towing and bed weight limits are the same for both machines. So either of them would be capable of work but when it comes to play time the 900 sounds like the best option for a crossover.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m going this week to look at 2 machines and am buying one. The 2 are a 2016 ranger diesel or a 2019 ranger 900. Buying for mostly work around the property and the occasional trail ride. Anyone with experience with either of the two I would greatly appreciate the feedback thanks very much.

I bought the 2019 900XP Crew this spring. 3rd Polaris I've owned, Best Machine yet

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was looking at diesels and the new 2018 Ranger XP 900 when I was shopping too. I ended up with the XP 900. Pretty happy with it. Kinda wish I would’ve spent the extra money on the premium one with the eps, paint and the better rims and tires.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I looked at a lot of rangers that didn't have the power steering. I tried out a couple of them. I just knew I'd regret it if I bought one without it.
How many miles on the 900 machine your looking at ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts