PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my deer lifter done. I had an 1500 winch laying around and wanted to use it for something. I used a 11 ga steel square tube and cute off one side to get it to slip over the ranger rear sidewall. Welded the winch plate to a 1/4" plate and then welded that to the square tube. Should make loading deer much easier this year.

20160908_130444.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
That looks great! This was my solution.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Forgot to post the pic, durp

Attachments

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
So the whole tjing slips over the bed rail? How u power it?

·
Registered
426 Posts
How is it powered?

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Looks good.

·
Super Moderator
6,815 Posts
Capturing the corners of the bed is a good idea, if you don't, you may be spending $400 on a new bed. That helps in distributing the load.
I do not see anything attaching it to the bed, if it just slips over, be careful using it, if you have the bed tilted. The angle in which you pull, may pull it off the bed.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry not getting notifications when someone replies. I have a separate 12v battery, that i just plug into it and use a wireless remote.

As far as it coming off- It take a little tapping with a hammer to get it off- already used it once to lift a buck into the box. and it didn't move at all.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey Pitbull. Can you get some close up pix of the mount you made, especially the brackets. I really like your solution. It seems stout. I am trying to set up a similar unit for elk hunting.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Here you go.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks! Looks like you have a round tube cage? I have a pro fit cage but it looks like I can modify your idea to work. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Negative, mine is the pro fit also but, it's the 570 midsize

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
How much weight could that support with those bolts through the hose in the door mounts?

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Can't say for sure but they are 3/8". I've hauled in two 250lb hogs with no effort at all. I realize that's quite a bit lighter than a 1100lb elk but that's about the biggest the critters around here get.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
What materials did u use? How did u get power fpr the winch? I wouldn't javing it rigged to plug into the 12v outlet to use when needed. Would that work?

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Had some 1/4" plate steel sitting in a corner and made a mount and some end caps with the holes predrilled then welded all up to 2" square tubing. I ran the power str8 to the batt. The winch is run from a wired remote that I carry in my glove box.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Reactions: Marty

·
Registered
651 Posts
Sure would be more appealing with 500# winch instead of the old knuckle buster.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts