PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer just got my new 2015 mid size 570 Crew EPS in. He's telling me the machine has 7 miles on it and 12 hours. Is this normal? Also, there is no plastic shield behind the back seat as I've been told on this forum that comes with the 2015 mid-size crews. Any comments would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
7,837 Posts
My dealer just got my new 2015 mid size 570 Crew EPS in. He's telling me the machine has 7 miles on it and 12 hours. Is this normal? Also, there is no plastic shield behind the back seat as I've been told on this forum that comes with the 2015 mid-size crews. Any comments would be appreciated.
12 hours...............Holy Moley.......Something is not right with that....Unless you bought a demo that your dealer got off another dealer.........

·
Registered
61 Posts
This is not normal for a new ordered in machine. Like Jungleman said, 12 hours is quite a bit of time to be considered new. Heck that is half way to the first oil change. If it were my decisionI would be having them get a different "new" machine or take a serious price cut or a bunch of free accessories on this one as long as you are ok with its condition.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Mine had less than 3 hours on it so the dealer threw in a hardened poly windshield, back window and a sport roof. I'd be looking for $1500 to $2000 off or equivalent in acc.:glee::encouragement:

·
Registered
22,344 Posts
I'm pretty sure when the key is turned forward the hours start on the clock.

I say some one left the key on over night.
I thought that the engine had to be running. I know it was that way on my '06 XP but haven't thought to check that on my '12 RZR.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Humm.... I'm surprised by the hours, heck my unit is 4.5 hr and 19.8 miles and owned it for 1 month. I'm not sure I would be too concerned with it as the warranty begins at purchase, but I would want something in return for taking a machine half way through the first oil change.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I replied below, and assuming you keep it, I would ask for a free complete 50 hr service (front diff, rear, oil's, etc.)

·
Registered
891 Posts
Hmmm...this may sound silly but are you sure it doesn't have 1.2 hours on it?! It doesn't sound right to have that many hours with only 7 miles! Since the hour meter registers slower at idle then it does at running RPM, it would have to idle for days to get 12 hours at idle RPMs!

Cheers

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm pretty sure when the key is turned forward the hours start on the clock.

I say some one left the key on over night.
Yes, that is what the dealer indicated. The key was likely left on, but again it's got 7 miles on it and 12 hours. To me it's a demo, not a new unit. He did say they would change the fluids, but I just don't know.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hmmm...this may sound silly but are you sure it doesn't have 1.2 hours on it?! It doesn't sound right to have that many hours with only 7 miles! Since the hour meter registers slower at idle then it does at running RPM, it would have to idle for days to get 12 hours at idle RPMs!

Cheers
Just going by what the dealer told me, 12 hours and 7 miles. He thought someone left the key on overnight. The dealer is 60 miles from me (I live up in the mountains) so I've not seen it. He did say he would do a complete fluid change on it, but it just bothers me I'm paying for a new unit and I'm getting a demo.

·
Registered
891 Posts
that would be the first hour meter I have ever heard of that runs while the engine doesn't! Typical hour meters register by RPMs the engine is running at...i.e. an idling engine that runs for an hour registers a fraction of an hour and registers one hour for an engine running at full,(working), RPM!
It defeats the purpose of an hour meter to keep track of engine/machine maintenance if it registers without the engine/machine running!
Cheers

·
Registered
22,344 Posts
...i.e. an idling engine that runs for an hour registers a fraction of an hour and registers one hour for an engine running at full,(working), RPM!.......
Exactly, and that's how the hour meter on my '06 worked. I'm not sure if the newer machines are different, but can't imagine why they would change that.

·
Registered
406 Posts
probably used it to move stuff around every day I know a lot of dealers have jet skis parked out front an use a ranger to put them out an up every day

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Im sure its fine. Forget about it and have a good time.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Im sure its fine. Forget about it and have a good time.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
If your dealer is telling you this kind of bs I would find a new dealer, and a new Ranger. I would not want a new one that had idled that much.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.