PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

If you’ve always wanted to go to Canada and ride, well now’s your chance. This week on Destination Polaris the crew heads north of the border to Ontario, Canada. Tune in to find out where you can find all the trails you can handle.

Watch Destination Polaris on @Fox Sports Network Sunday at 11:30 a.m., Tuesday at 8:30 a.m. and Thursday at 3:30 p.m.

For more information on the show or behind the scenes footage go to www.desinationpolaris.com

Have a good weekend.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Looks like southern Ontario by the fall colours (my neck of the woods). If any watches it this weekend, could you post an update as to the location (channel N/A in Canada)?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
A video from north of the Sault (Soo) from 2011:

We've done the train trip from there to Hearst w/ our snowmobiles in the baggage cars.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yes Maynard9089 unfortunately since that date things have changed at the border forever, living on the Canadian side of lake Ontario if we didn't drive over we boated over at least ten times a year, It was good for tourism for both countries local businesses. I live right on the Bay of Quinte closer than Chemong if you ever wish to do the Walleye fishing trip again, just Google Bay Quinte Walleye and you will find lots of sites with info.
used to spend quite a bit of time in your area fishing For walleye on Chemong Lake. Need to get back there someday. Ontario has so many great places but since 9/11 the boarder has been a PITA.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Another video from north of the Soo.

(sorry about the music)

Any idea what the red UTVs are @ the end of the video?

Halfway Haven has been closed for a few season, but it to be open this year:

Halfway Haven Lodge - Home

For info on the area contact the region's tourism agency:

ATVing in Northern Ontario - Ontario's Algoma Country

Some of the motels listed aren't in the Soo/Searchmont area. For additional lodging info check out a page I help w/:

SleddersWorld.com: Your World of Snowmobiling!

We've snowmobiled in the Wawa & Chapleau areas. If you have any questions about accommodations in those areas & the Soo, just post here or PM me & I'll try to answer any questions.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Geography lesson for today LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Any idea what the red UTVs are @ the end of the video?
I found out elsewhere that the SxSs in question are CFMotos. I've heard of the brand, but have never seen one. Anyone else ever see 1 in their travels?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Looks like southern Ontario by the fall colours (my neck of the woods). If any watches it this weekend, could you post an update as to the location (channel N/A in Canada)?
Finally got around to watching the show on Youtube. The 1st part is about 2 hours east of Soo MI. On our snowmobile trip thru the Elliot Lake area back in '06, we stayed @ the same lodge. Very nice place. Unfortunately they close before the sledding season nowadays. The Pt Severn segment is about 2 hours west of my location.

Also, an update on using the train to access ATV riding. The ACR passenger train between the Soo & Hearst has been discontinued.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.