PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone looked into the difference between these two motors and if there is the possibility to swap parts and get more power out of the ranger 900 motors? Just something to think about - I'm always looking for mo powa!

· Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting - has anyone tried swapping these parts? I may have to dig into this and try something if I can get away from work on time in the afternoons!

· Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
this is all pretty interesting - ive been looking for used rzr 1k throttle bodies, intakes and ecms for a possible sway - it would be quite an undertaking to make everything work together - someone try it before me!

· Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looking some more at parts schematics - the rzr-s 900 (2015) has the same throttle body and ecm as the 2015 ranger 900

· Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wish i knew someone with a 900s rzr that I could swap ecms with

· Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
im going to hunt down a rzr 900 to try and swap ecms with - I don't have turf mode anymore anyway so no worries there.

· Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
If I order a rzr s 900 ecm it should come programmed for that bike right? THink i I will try that out and return if it I don't get $400 worth of results.

· Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
according to the polaris website parts diagrams, they have the same camshaft

· Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I wonder how the re-flash will work - do I need a dealer to do this or does it come flashed when I order it?

· Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Stupid question - they come already programmed per the dealer so since they are the same part number from polaris, will the programming be the same for a '15 ranger 900 as a '15 rzr 900s?

· Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I'm going to continue to work on this tomorrow - will give yall an update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Talked to 3p performance - they are working on this as well as a programmer that will allow the throttle to open more than 70-75%
Meanwhile I'm going to try and get a blank ecu flashed for a rzr 900 and put that in my 15 ranger

· Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
He said it was on a dyno and loaded but who knows

· Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I'm not 100% sure about that but I would think there would have to be more power available if the throttle body would open all the way

Reactions: makin tracks

· Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Alewis, you spoke to me the other day a when you called the shop. I'm going to start trying to get some things together next week for the ranger 900. Upon putting it on the dyno without the intake tube attached (not advising to do) we saw that the throttle plate does not open all the way In low range over 5k. We have not tested high range yet as we mainly mud ride down here, which consists of using low range. I'll follow up next week when I get more time to get the acceleration rates on paper.

As for those of you wondering how our Axis Dynamometer by Dobeck Performance works:

1. Load Measurement - The AXIS contains a single force cell between the dynamometer roller and its shaft. Any load connected to the shaft is measured without additional sensors.

2. Wind Drag Consideration - Fans may be connected to exactly reproduce wind drag. Those fans will cool the engine and duplicate ram air to the intake. The inertia can be changed to match the vehicle’s weight. The possibilities are endless.

3. Replicates Road Load - The AXIS can be configured to duplicate most any condition the vehicle would experience on the road. A vehicle driven on the AXIS will accelerate the same and shift gears the same as it would on the road. If the vehicle tops out at 150 mph on the road, it will top out at 150 on the AXIS

Travis Herzing
3P Offroad
Thanks for the response Travis - keep us updated on your progress - if u need any info on '15 models let me know

Alex

· Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Haha - I would try it with 34s!!

· Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Trying to get ahold of a 900 rzr programmed ecu

· Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Taking a big risk... Got a blank ecu on the way to me. Now just need a local dealer (or nearby) to program it for a 900s rzr. Anyone know of a good one? I'm in Baton Rouge, la

1 - 20 of 34 Posts