PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Africa. I have a 2015 900XP, and need a passenger side front CV shield. Parts take forever to get here and cost a pretty penny. Does anyone have dimensional drawings for fabricating the front CV shields? I don't think I need shields for the bottom of the A-arm, just for the front to keep sticks out. I think, the front CV shields are mirror images, so if necessary I will take the drivers side off and have it copied and mirrored. Any help would be appreciated.

Colin
Brombeek, Limpopo, South Africa

·
Super Moderator
6,815 Posts
Colin, I have never seen a post on this, so I’m sure you will have to use your other one for a pattern.The OEM guards are made from HDPE, I recommend using some UHMW material for the new ones.Since the OEM guard is molded ( with the Polaris text), I would probably make a new set both L/R.

Just as a Side Note, Probably the Greatest adventure thread on PRC came from a group out of Africa.It is amazing how much thought and effort the group put into the modifications of their units.and the planning of their trip.I probably look at it once a year.

Reactions: fswan

·
Administrator
6,360 Posts
Colin, welcome to PRC! I would agree with Greg that UHMW Polyethylene would probably stand up better than HDPE but if you have a hard time finding it, aluminum or other coated sheet metal would also work.

Reactions: Toxic-21

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Tej, can your ranger outrun a cheetah?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The current plan is to have them fabricated out of aluminum or steel sheet stock. I'm taking it to a great fabricator in town next time I go and hopefully he can get it down during the day. I only go to town once a month (2.5 hours away), and most of the tradesmen understand this and will get jobs done for us in a single day if possible.

Can anyone confirm that the two sides are identical mirror images?

Unfortunately don't have cheetah here, wish we did...plenty of other game just no cheetah

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, that didn't work out well. The ones they fabricated for me are too heavy and will never stay on the Ranger. It will be another month before I go to town again and am thinking about sucking it up and ordering a set from Extreme Meta Products and paying the international shipping and customs duties. Does anyone have experience with these?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
No experience with those products, but EMP is a great company with awesome customer support. I know you will be happy with your purchase.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I received the EMP guards last week and put them on, worth the price, wait, and frustration of ordering them for overseas delivery. I can now, highly recommend their product.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I still have my aluminum guards from my 2015 900. I want to sell them but ive never shipped tp Africa before....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts