PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lurking on this form for a while and came across clschultz79 post on his door build.
I am also using 3/4” 14 gauge sq tubing. I will be skinning them with HDPE plastic sheeting.
I am also using bullet-style weld-on hinges and tractor-style door latches. Please excuse the messy shop.
Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Gas Wood
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper Fender

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Gas Wood

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That would be a hard no. The stuff is like Teflon and nothing sticks to it.

Does glue stick to polyethylene?

Polyethylene has a non-stick surface, which means most types of glue will not form a bond with the plastic. However, there are other ways of forming bonds on Polyethylene surfaces. The two best options for bonding Polyethylene are: Solvent Welding, Ultrasonic Welding or Infrared Welding.
RJ Thank you for the info. I will use screws to attach the HDPE sheeting to the box tubing. You saved me the frustration of finding out it would not work the hard way!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ranger door build cost

60 feet ¾ x ¾ box tubing $85.00

Bullet Hinges $55.00

HDPE Sheets $160.28

Door Handle Set $26.00

D-Shape Door Seals $54.00

300 Sheet Metal Screws $34.00

LEXAN windows $80.00

Paint $10.00

Grand Total $449.00

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This stuff here works good for door seal. It's expandable and comforms to different thickness gaps. They make it in different sizes.

Thanks for the info, I bought KX Automotive Universal D-Shape Door Seal 0.47" Height X 0.55" Width Weather Stripping EPDM Rubber Seal Strip Self Adhesive Car Truck Door if this does not work I will get what you recommend.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts