PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been seeing a lot of questions about aluminum vs. UHMW skid plates. I know you can buy a UHMW pre made, but I found it was pretty easy to make one using the stock plastic as a template. I bought the material online from MSC Industrial Supply. The piece I bought was big enough for 2 700 XPs, so I was able to split the cost with a friend who also needed to make one. We also made another for a 2012 that required much less material. I used a forstener bit to make the holes so the stock washers could be reused, then punched them out with a spade bit. The material is easily workable with regular wood-working tools. I've had it in use for about 5 years now in some very rough country, and it's held up great.
. IMG_1184.jpg IMG_1185.jpg

·
Registered
115 Posts
Was size did you buy?

Sent from my SM-T567V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have an 09 700xp I'd like to upgrade the skid plate cause mine is all cracked and broke

Sent from my SM-T567V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Enco and MSC just merged to MSC. Get on their mailing list and watch for the 30% off sales with free shipping. They have a wide assortment of HDPE and UHMW sheets. Could save a couple of hundred bucks on a full skid plate.

·
Registered
16 Posts
How did you decide where to drill drain holes? Did you just copy where someone like Trail Armor has theirs? What thickness did you buy? How much did it end up costing you roughly?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts