PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read many a bad report about Texas-Outdoors. But I have been in Contact with Nick, the owner and he assures me it is all in the past.

So I have decided to do business with him.

I have ordered a high seat and a fully led stocked extended roof for my 2014 Polaris ranger crew.

I am hoping to have all that stuff before the 6th of august here in Holland so I can take it with me on my tour in the Romanian mountains.

Looking forward to a very well developed looking piece of kit.

I will keep you posted on its progress.

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
I have read many a bad report about Texas-Outdoors. But I have been in Contact with Nick, the owner and he assures me it is all in the past.

So I have decided to do business with him.

I have ordered a high seat and a fully led stocked extended roof for my 2014 Polaris ranger crew.

I am hoping to have all that stuff before the 6th of august here in Holland so I can take it with me on my tour in the Romanian mountains.

Looking forward to a very well developed looking piece of kit.

I will keep you posted on its progress.
I cant believe this a#z h0!e is not in jail........http://www.prcforum.com/forum/44-general-member-discussions/59600-polaris-accessory-company-scam-texas-outdoors-com.html

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Oh here we go again. If you are not local to this guy don't waste your time. Seems like if you are local and can stop by his shop every other day to bug him he will get it done. But if not....then your screwed. Please please post pics (if you ever get it).

Honestly you would probably be better off zip tieing a piece of plywood to the roof then duct tape some flash lights to it. That will be about the quality you will get.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hope you have a better outcome than some..

·
Registered
1 Posts
We had a bad experience with Texas Outdoors starting in May. Ordered a roof and sent a check for full amount. Never got the roof. After sending certified letter threatening to file charges, we did receive a full refund in late June. I might give him a second chance, but only send a deposit.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have never worked with these guys, but reading about the hassle people go through just to get a crap product that requires they go through another huge hassle to return, I never will either.

Maybe you get lucky and they turned it around, for your sake I really hope this is the case and you get an awesome product.

If you get bit though, well shame on you I think is the saying..

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Hey the guy is in Amsterdam...its not like hes gonna drive over and punch anyone if he gets screwed over.
Just looked at their website pleanty of options for the mule FXT owners....

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm going to scope out and see if this jake leg has a booth at the Texas trophy hunters show tomorrow. Just for grins

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I'm going to scope out and see if this jake leg has a booth at the Texas trophy hunters show tomorrow. Just for grins
I just got back from there today. Members are free today. No Texas outdoors booth and not surprised either. Eagle mountain outfitters was there. The have some pretty slick stuff for the Rangers and mule pro.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Hey Dutchy, did you have your new roof from Texas Outdoors on your tour of the Romanian mountains, or did you have a piece of plywood? We're all interested in hearing the "rest of the story".:cower:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would like to say I had a very positive experience with Texas-Outdoors. I pre-ordered a roof for a 2016 polaris ranger crew 900 and I had multiple modifications that I wanted made to the roof. I read a lot of things (mostly bad) about Texas-Outdoors and/or Nick S. I was pretty skeptical so I did not send a check. I told Nick that I would not pay unless I received the product I wanted exactly as I ordered it and it had to fit right. Through the two week process, Nick was constantly sending me updates via phone calls or text pictures of my roof and exactly what was being done on it. He delivered the roof to me himself and also installed the roof for me to make sure everything fit as he claimed it did. The roof is exactly what I ordered and fits perfectly on top of my ranger. I also ordered a front bumper from him, which he delivered as well. I know sometimes people can get a bad rap for a couple mistakes, but my experience with Texas-Outdoors and Nick S. was a very good one and I would highly recommend him to any of my friends.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I would like to say I had a very positive experience with Texas-Outdoors. I pre-ordered a roof for a 2016 polaris ranger crew 900 and I had multiple modifications that I wanted made to the roof. I read a lot of things (mostly bad) about Texas-Outdoors and/or Nick S. I was pretty skeptical so I did not send a check. I told Nick that I would not pay unless I received the product I wanted exactly as I ordered it and it had to fit right. Through the two week process, Nick was constantly sending me updates via phone calls or text pictures of my roof and exactly what was being done on it. He delivered the roof to me himself and also installed the roof for me to make sure everything fit as he claimed it did. The roof is exactly what I ordered and fits perfectly on top of my ranger. I also ordered a front bumper from him, which he delivered as well. I know sometimes people can get a bad rap for a couple mistakes, but my experience with Texas-Outdoors and Nick S. was a very good one and I would highly recommend him to any of my friends.
Got any pictures of the roof and bumper?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Popcorns ready!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Pics would go a long way. And not to be an ass but that is one hell of a "first" post. So for me it's kind of hard to believe seeing how for your first post you came straight to this paticular thread.

And if I'm wrong them I apologize. But you have to understand where I'm coming from.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
If Nick was constantly phoning or texting me that would tell me Nick was quite bored and needs to get a life. BUT when you place an order and Nick brings pizza and beer and comes and does the install to. NOW that's different. Who wouldn't believe that !!

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Clint, Bill Clinton here...........trust me when I say "I did not have s*x with that woman !! Hillary says Hey !"

·
Registered
600 Posts
Even if that review is real, it seems the trick is to live down the street and refuse to pay until he personally comes to instal it. That's not realistic for 99% of potential customers who don't live down the street.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts