PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the full doors with pivoting windows. The cheap plastic buckle on the limit strap snapped. Wondering if anybody has come up with a better product that will not fail.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it holding up?

Wouldn't happen to have a part number handy would you?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Is it holding up?

Wouldn't happen to have a part number handy would you?
I don't now but will have soon. I have a 14 Browning with full cab and I have replaced mine with the same plastic buckle once. Best friend bought a 15 with cab and new strap/that's how I know about them.

·
Super Moderator
6,837 Posts
The polaris part# for the rubber door straps is 2205280, it is a kit, so it will have both straps and some hardware.
According to Polaris information this is the latest part number.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have the power window doors and they have the rubber straps but I have yet to figure out how and where they attach. Instructions did not show. They look too short. Any ideas or pics?

·
Super Moderator
6,837 Posts
I have the power window doors and they have the rubber straps but I have yet to figure out how and where they attach. Instructions did not show. They look too short. Any ideas or pics?
Luke,
Looking at a very vague diagram, looks like the strap fits in between the inner door shell and door frame.
In the upper corner of the window, where the hinge is located, between the inner and outer shell is the metal frame for the door, remove the screws or dart pins in the upper corner and separate, there is a metal tab that the strap should attach too. Then the other end of the strap should attach to the rear section of the rollcage. (I'm not sure where though). I have to stop by my local dealer tomorrow, if I remember, I will check on this.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have a 13, mine broke within the first couple of days. Two zip ties on each side have worked well ever since. Kind of a cheap fix on (what I consider) expensive machine but it works.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
I used the zip ties myself.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I looked at mine and even if you did hook these short straps up the door would only barely open. Looks like an after thought in design. My straps are the new thick rubber ones by the way.

·
Super Moderator
6,837 Posts
I looked at mine and even if you did hook these short straps up the door would only barely open. Looks like an after thought in design. My straps are the new thick rubber ones by the way.
Can you post a pic of the straps?

·
Registered
208 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
My doors came with the new style thick rubber straps. When I was installing the cab, the drivers door went on fine, but the passengers door would not close not matter what I tried. I took everything back to the dealer. They got the door to fit by modifying the hinge bracket. While they had it they also installed the straps for me, which was nice of them. Instead of using the little black bolts that came with the doors to connect the straps to the vehicle, they used some large self tapping screws, and installed them directly above the seat belt (as can be seen in the pics). I find the straps have worked well, not that I have many miles on my Ranger yet, and the doors open fine (the straps have more stretch to them then I would have expected), the only annoyance is when working on it. I unscrew the strap then, so the door will stay open. Hope this helps.
DSC_0007.jpg DSC_0008.jpg DSC_0010.jpg

·
Registered
208 Posts
I bolted mine up like that but it looks like I might hurt the weather stripping and the door only opens about 25%. My drivers door was easy on too and my passenger required a little finese to install. Had to use some washers behind the top bracket the a few washers on top of the posts to raise the doors up.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I plan to keep an eye on the weather stripping as well as I too have some concerns on how the strap hits it. I am hoping there is enough give to the weather stripping that it wont be an issue, so far it's been fine, but time and much colder weather will be the real test I guess. For my passengers door, I tried adding washers in every configuration I could think of before taking it back to the dealer. They had to add washers, modify the hinge bracket and modify the latch bracket. At least, it all worked out in the end. As for opening, my doors open quite a bit, I'd say close to 50% (basically close to 90 degrees, give or take) without much strain on the strap.

·
Super Moderator
6,837 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics (lukejohnson, dadasaurus), I have to agree, I would not like the straps pulling on the weatherstripping as well as the corner of the door either. Looks like another modification to be done.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts