PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone checked out the new dragon fire doors. They said they had a few that would start shipping next week. No graphics yet but should be out in a couple of months is what they told me. I think they look nice just have to convince the wife lol

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I just received and installed Ranger Crew 900 EPS. Love them. but they are a little spendy. I have ITP doors on my 2010 Ranger 800 XP. I like the Dragonfire doors much better even though they are suicide doors, opening from the front, hinged at the back. They have slam latches, so no drilling holes in the cage. They also have door locks. I can highly recommend them.

·
Special Advisor
1,480 Posts
I loved my DF doors on my 2013 XP. Very well built and super adjustable. Closed like the doors on my truck. Never popped-open like a lot of other doors.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone else also. Wondering if these help a lot with dust also. Can't decide if I should do these doors or go with a utv solutions 4" gear lift and get it off the ground somemore

·
Registered
7 Posts
i dont know what brand mine are, bought them from the dealership though. they are the suicide style with the slam type latch. i lifted mine 2", Gorilla taped all the seat seals (especially the rear seat), added the front tip out and rear sliding windshield and that has really gotten rid of 95% of the dust. if im driving a road that has real dry fine powder caliche, i will open the windshield all the way. i also put foam balls (look like ping pong balls) in all of the bed holes. that has cut down on the dust in the bed alot too

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya I already sealed up everything I can and got rid of the full fixed windshield and added a full tilt. It's pretty good now but also notice it helped when I did the 2" lift and 30" tires. So I was wondering if I got it off the ground another 4 to 6" if that would help more or if he half doors where cutting it down a bunch. My main reason I want the doors is for dust but if they don't help much I'd rather do the bigger lift :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
im sure they cut down on the dust especially in the rear. but my favorite part of the half doors is they hold in some heat after riding a little while. prob after 20-30 min you can really tell. also getting to lean on them instead of the nets.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Can one of you guys post a close up picture of these doors? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts

Hope this works for you. Bill

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yes, thanks for posting.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I just got mine installed and also got rid of my solid full windshield for a kolpin full tilt and it is night and day difference on the dust. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423610458.054008.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
They're awesome for keeping the mud out. Great doors, you won't be disappointed.

image.jpg

·
Registered
33 Posts
tsneath I got the doors and went on our first ride last weekend. the doors are awesome! I noticed under certain conditions dust comes in through the gaps on the bottom did you do any weatherstripping or sealing off of the gaps on yours?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427284515.600568.jpg
Ya I went to menards and bought the widest weather stripping they had and sandwiched it in between the door skin and door frame tube

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh ya I also emailed them and told them everyone was complaining about the gap and they should make a seal kit. So maybe call and complain and see if they have anything.

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
It's going to be real tough to get doors to fit tight all the time, there is a significant amount of frame flex. I tsneath has the right idea with wide/thick weather seals!

·
Registered
88 Posts
So in reading this if I still have a choice should I spend the extra money and get the tilt glass window instead of a fixed glass windshield???

1 - 20 of 43 Posts