PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody asked polaris or done any research on belt temperatures??? Just chunked out another belt (dayco xtp) @ 230 hours Air coming out of belt discharge tube was HOT. Has anybody rerouted this air out of engine compartment? I'm thinking of putting a temp unit on the discharge air to see what it runs. I have a dj mud kit on mine and wonder if it affects the belt temp. NO doubt temp will affect the life of said belt I do know belt life varies with how you use it, and I'm not nice on mine.

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Forde thanx for the info, looked up that belt, it seems to fit everything except the 2008 ranger 700 xp.. I went ahead and got a polaris belt, as we were out of town and it was the only one I could get right then. I might get the temp gage just for peace of mind, and curiosity.

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Yeah, I noticed that when I posted the link but was hoping Todd from Hunterworks would chime in and clarify! I did put your belt (3211118 ) into the Polaris cross reference and apparently, it was only used in '08 & '09 700's. I did find a couple of other vendors that claimed to have one that fit but they also listed a bunch of other models it would work on - those other models were not listed as ones that used the 3211118 so I would be real leery about ordering one! (for example; Gates G-Force C12 Drive Belt from Big Toy Superstore ). Sorry for the bum info - can't go wrong with the OEM!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only thing wrong with OEM is $132.00 +tax I'll try running the dayco number and see what they say about that one???

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
The OEMs are high dollar but generally last longer than most after-markets making them a pretty good deal in the long run. FixMyToys is fixin' to have their Black Friday sale - in the past, Chris has some really good prices on consumables like belts, fluids, filters, etc. Might be able to get a bit of a break then!

·
Registered
354 Posts
I've got a bilge fan on the exhaust side of my CVT. It's inserted in the duct and I've wired it to run continuously when the key is on. Noise isn't a problem on my machine.

It took a bit of work to get the fan housing in the duct but it can be done. I took the duct off and sat it on a heat register to get it flexible then started wiggling.

On the exhaust side isn't the best if you ever shred a belt, but it's certainly much easier to put the fan in that location and hopefully the extra cooling will help prevent belt failure in the first place.

·
Vendor
2,124 Posts
Sorry, just caught this thread, the 08 700 uses the same belt as the 800 and we have plenty, 24C4022 in a Gates Carbon fiber belt and I clicked that link above to a place that sells them, $106???? We are $79 shipped to any lower 48 state via UPS.

Also after selling over 2200 in the last 17 months of these and most in high hp machines like the RZR and Mavericks these last a long time. Guy called this week with 2100 miles on a maverick used in the dunes and said looked like new when he took it off.

Todd

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
I'm running the Gates C12 on my RZR and like it so far.

I've also installed the Alba temp gauge that Forde posted the link too and it's great as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts