PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my drive chain in rear end started skipping in reverse. Is there an adjustment on these or does it need to be replaced. It did it once a few months ago and ran great since. Got worse now in reverse. But No issues in forward. Any thoughts.

·
Registered
710 Posts
The drive chain has a self adjusting tensioner but the reverse chain does not. If the reverse chain is skipping then it is stretched or the gears the chain rides on are worn. Either way the transaxle will have to be torn down.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
My 07 500 with close to 600hrs has done it before a few times. Clunk, clunk, clunk like something is jumping. Have found that if shift into reverse, back out and in, the problem went away. I tend to baby it in reverse also because of such. So far so good. While on the topic, has anyone had the chain break or does the clunk/skip/slip just get worse?

·
Registered
710 Posts
While on the topic, has anyone had the chain break or does the clunk/skip/slip just get worse?
I've seen a few broken ones. One was a Sportsman with a ton of miles on it, broke through the case. Another was a Rzr, guy was backing up a hill and floored the throttle, snap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts