PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I try to keep the machine clean but could never get dirt/mud removed from top of the skid plates. My model has the thick poly full length skids behind the heavy steel front skid plate.

I tried cleaning thru holes in the skids with little success, so finally dropped them and holy cow...think I just dropped 10 pounds of dirt and sticks.

Wasnt hard to do, just remove around 15 of the 10mm bolts and now its clean.

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
I do the same thing when we get back from RRB or Brimstone. Lot of times after it's dry I use a rubber mallet and tap the underside to loosen the dirt a it'll bounce out as your riding.

Zonk

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good idea and will give that a try...I had to dig out as much as dropped with the skids as it was wedged in the wiring and coolant hoses. It's all clean now so have a fresh start.

I'm ready for the year and fluids and filters all swapped and valves are adjusted. I will say that adjusting the valves has made a huge difference. It has more power, runs quieter and fires up as soon as I turn the key.

My next project is to get some rear view mirrors and insert rubber in between roof and rolls, which is sources of rattling. I just had rear seat recovered as it was victim of some hot ash from burning cedar piles.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I try to keep the machine clean but could never get dirt/mud removed from top of the skid plates. My model has the thick poly full length skids behind the heavy steel front skid plate.

I tried cleaning thru holes in the skids with little success, so finally dropped them and holy cow...think I just dropped 10 pounds of dirt and sticks.

Wasnt hard to do, just remove around 15 of the 10mm bolts and now its clean.
That's a lot. Reminds me to drop skid plate as well, just need to finish installing the brake kit and mount and balance tires on the Jeep this week. I've been just spraying the under of the bike with water pressure this last few months.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah...it was a short easy cleaning project. I was amazed as I thought it was spotless before. Amazed at how sticks lodged around hoses and collected what resembled rats nest... was really packed in there...I pulled it all out, hit it with air compressor then washed it down.... was interesting to see how everything was run above the skids too.

Hope that radiator hose doesn't fail cuz it has to be expensive as it has to be 10 feet long X2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts