PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally am back with more "stupid" questions for you battery/electrical experts.
I have a 2017 Ranger XP1000.
I plan on installing a BOSS V-Plow (dealer install) , Superwinch Terra4500 winch, and an LED light bar so I can see while plowing (lightbar suggestions would be great!)
I recently purchased a\n Odyssey 1200 which I know will fit but I am considering purchasing the TrueAM isolator kit and adding a 925 battery as well. (stock battery is still in machine but can not fit OEM and the 1200.) - (I would of just went with 2 925's for fitment reasons but believe I can still get a 925 in there along with the 1200., plus the 1200 will be much better off for winter starting and plowing I assume)

So 1st question,.....since I have a PC1200, do I really need 2 batteries and isolator kit? (again,...will only have V plow and LED lights as accessories

2) I see on Amazon when people buy the TruAm "complete" kit,
they also buy :
https://www.amazon.com/Stinger-SGP3...C6UJ0/ref=dp_prsubs_3?pd_rd_i=B001HC6UJ0&th=1.
But the kit comes with an isolator AND relay already so,...why need another one??!!

3) If I do go the dual battery route which I probably will,...does anyone know a good box/mount for the 925 and a good place to put it. I seen a post where the guy has it next to the OEM above the hoses/wires but his link for the box is gone (company folded?) And although the 925 "may" fit behind the stock even with a boc,....it is right underneath the muffler/exhaust system. I assume this would not be OK to mount there??? (Even though the stock batter is only a few inches forward already?!!)

Ill have 978473847587938 more questions soon about fuse boxes, inline fuseor CB, "key on" relay, battery shut off switch, etc etc. - But let start with these questions 1st!

Thanks fellas!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I would skip the headache and hassle and just replace the original battery with the best battery you can get in machine. The led light aren’t a big draw. Only the winch and plow are. I believe the boss plow doesn’t use the winch, is that correct? I have a 19 midsize 570 and I put in a battery from Battery Mart that was 400 some crank amps and 30 amp hour.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Correct, the Boss plow does not use the winch. But I will have a winch installed and possibly/probably will use it if I ever get stuck! LOL
But I'm not sure how much power the Boss plow will drain from my main battery and figured a dual battery setup would not be a bad idea either way. The Odyssey 1200 should handle all my needs but figured I'd get some feedback in case.
Thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Gotcha. I thought that when going with a 2 battery system, it best to go with two new identical batteries. What is the amp draw of a boss plow? When I switched my battery, I went from like 180 crank amps and 16 amp hours to 400 crank amps and 30 amp hours , so in my mind that’s like 2 batteries. I could of have , with a little bit of work, installed a big car battery. Do you have that option (room) to do that?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Possibly, the 17 XP 1000 is mounted under the passenger seat but there is a little bit of room left (but not much), that's why I figured the 925 would be better. I've read a few other posts where that was the recommendation as well. I would be running them with an isolator/separator so I "think" I'd be OK with the different sizes (Again, I am clueless but seems that's what other people have done)
But I need to figure out the amp draw of the plow plus LED lightbar it seems as maybe my single Odyssey PC1200 may be enough for my needs.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have the 1200 battery and the hydraulic/elec motor on my plow is 2 hp, not sure of amp draw. I plow for 2+ hrs depending on event running the heater fan /wiper as needed ( mostly daylight hrs) and haven't had any issues. Regardless of season the Ranger is on a battery maintainer when parked. Your Ranger has a stronger charging system, so I think you will be fine with just the 1200, You may want/need to invest in HD springs to handle the added weight of these plows.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I finally am back with more "stupid" questions for you battery/electrical experts.
I have a 2017 Ranger XP1000.
I plan on installing a BOSS V-Plow (dealer install) , Superwinch Terra4500 winch, and an LED light bar so I can see while plowing (lightbar suggestions would be great!)
I recently purchased a\n Odyssey 1200 which I know will fit but I am considering purchasing the TrueAM isolator kit and adding a 925 battery as well. (stock battery is still in machine but can not fit OEM and the 1200.) - (I would of just went with 2 925's for fitment reasons but believe I can still get a 925 in there along with the 1200., plus the 1200 will be much better off for winter starting and plowing I assume)

So 1st question,.....since I have a PC1200, do I really need 2 batteries and isolator kit? (again,...will only have V plow and LED lights as accessories

2) I see on Amazon when people buy the TruAm "complete" kit,
they also buy :
https://www.amazon.com/Stinger-SGP3...C6UJ0/ref=dp_prsubs_3?pd_rd_i=B001HC6UJ0&th=1.
But the kit comes with an isolator AND relay already so,...why need another one??!!

3) If I do go the dual battery route which I probably will,...does anyone know a good box/mount for the 925 and a good place to put it. I seen a post where the guy has it next to the OEM above the hoses/wires but his link for the box is gone (company folded?) And although the 925 "may" fit behind the stock even with a boc,....it is right underneath the muffler/exhaust system. I assume this would not be OK to mount there??? (Even though the stock batter is only a few inches forward already?!!)

Ill have 978473847587938 more questions soon about fuse boxes, inline fuseor CB, "key on" relay, battery shut off switch, etc etc. - But let start with these questions 1st!

Thanks fellas!
Hi
This may have been mine. Was making these. Ya didnt have enough interest to pay for site any longer. This little set up has saved me and some others from running down bats. I have a few left if interested. I went out and took a pic. Sorry for dust. Yes this fits a 1200 and stock ( what i run ). Or two 1200's.
Email if interested. [email protected]. i have whole set up, mount, wiring. It is whole kit..

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unfortunately I already purchased the 925 battery and mount as well as the TrueAm isolator kit.
But do you see the double battery stack mounts for fitting 2 OEM/PC1200 batterys separately? I probably will be fine with the 925 but if I ever upgrade 2 1200's would be nice!
And I am guessing the seat closes fine, but you can't use they under seat storage bin, correct?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts