PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening, first post here and I hope y’all are enjoying your Easter. I have a 17 1000 crew with a windshield and pro box roof. I have a few questions I need answered in regards to lifting my rig (it’s stock height now). Keep in mind I’ll carry upwards of 10 dozen decoys at most, my gunner kennel, 5-6 guns and all gear. Will have front and rear quack racks so it’ll be heavy...

1) I’m shooting to run 31” outlaws since we will be in a lot of rice fields. What do I need to do with my suspension to be able to reliably run 30 or 31’s without breaking the bank?

2) the dust problem, what can I do other than adding a back glass to help out with dust? Right now it’s horrible. I’d like to add fender flares to keep customers clean if anyone has a recommendation.

Thanks for your time and if these questions have already been answered 100 times I apologize. Not finding much in my searches...

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
The front windshield creates a vacuum in the cab. Put a rear on and open the front some is what I had to do. Everything behind the rear will still get dusted. Fix the dust and then move on to next project. m2c... Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I have a 4runner that the rear window rolls down on. There is a wind deflector right above it that keeps exhaust and dust from entering it. Might not be a bad idea for whatever is in the bed. After our new rear windshield is in that is. Junk yard should have what we need.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Good evening, first post here and I hope y’all are enjoying your Easter. I have a 17 1000 crew with a windshield and pro box roof. I have a few questions I need answered in regards to lifting my rig (it’s stock height now). Keep in mind I’ll carry upwards of 10 dozen decoys at most, my gunner kennel, 5-6 guns and all gear. Will have front and rear quack racks so it’ll be heavy...

1) I’m shooting to run 31” outlaws since we will be in a lot of rice fields. What do I need to do with my suspension to be able to reliably run 30 or 31’s without breaking the bank?

2) the dust problem, what can I do other than adding a back glass to help out with dust? Right now it’s horrible. I’d like to add fender flares to keep customers clean if anyone has a recommendation.

Thanks for your time and if these questions have already been answered 100 times I apologize. Not finding much in my searches...
And I thought it was rabbit season lol.
Welcome to the forum
Try: "ANY FLOODED FIELDS DUCK HUNTERS HERE" thread
maybe you'll find some answers there and also try to contact the members that posted by quoting their posts.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
999 Posts
As Todd says. I would also look to upgrading your stock springs with some S3 HD Springs for all the extra weight. Next will be some upgraded CV Axles, 30"+ tires with lift will kill the factory ones.

·
Registered
249 Posts
As Todd says. I would also look to upgrading your stock springs with some S3 HD Springs for all the extra weight. Next will be some upgraded CV Axles, 30"+ tires with lift will kill the factory ones.
S3 springs are 1st rate lifted mine from sagging to 2" higher and better load capacity

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
To help with the dust I would add half doors. A lot of dust enters thru the door area cause by kick up from the front tires and more comes in over the back end following the vacuum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts