PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 XP1000. There have been two or three times when I gun it, immediately let off for whatever reason, and gun it again and the check engine light comes on and I go into limp mode. When I turn the Ranger off and back on, the check engine light and limp mode vanish. I haven't checked the code on it, and will next time it happens. Any ideas on what could be causing this though? I know a solution would be not to gun it, let off, and gun it again....

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
More than likely a misfire code. The factory has it set too sensitive.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Anyone come up with a way to fix this problem? Mine very often has the misfire code when start up, and does not go away before the engine is completly warm. Starting to be very annoying.

·
Registered
92 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$220 to fix an idiot light. Might as well go for the full tune if your screwing the warranty
That's what I would do. My warranty ran out in March.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Clutch kit and tune of your ECM without a belt $500
Thinking of doing it to my 2015 900xp if I decide to keep and not trade to a 1000. Seems to be decent deals right now. Maybe having 7 out of the last 8 months being way colder than normal has put a chill on the market?

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
22*F here this morning. I see Minnesota got 6" of snow. When it hits 60* I want to become a nudest !!! of course the mosquitos prevent that.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
One thing i would recommend is to spend the extra and get the adjustable weights.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
The cost is the same for both options when I just priced them out. Blackmax adjustable weight set

Then definitely go for the adjustables.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts