PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vendor
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Duraclutch for NBS XP 1000 won't work on High Lifter and Back Country Editions due to lower gear ratios and how the new DC works.

Works on any other models three and four seat.

It literally works but not exactly correct, some modifications will be made to work on these models

How do we know this? Because I have a BC Crew Xp 1000 and was one of the first to have the new DC.

Also, they are on backorder for a week or two.

Will be adding them to our site shortly

Todd

·
Super Moderator
6,704 Posts
The Duraclutch for NBS XP 1000 won't work on High Lifter and Back Country Editions due to lower gear ratios and how the new DC works.

Works on any other models three and four seat.

It literally works but not exactly correct, some modifications will be made to work on these models

How do we know this? Because I have a BC Crew Xp 1000 and was one of the first to have the new DC.

Also, they are on backorder for a week or two.

Will be adding them to our site shortly

Todd
The only Gear Ratio difference is High Gear, there is a 6.12% ( BC) and 8.16% (HL) difference, compared to the standard model.
SVI didn’t do it for the HL ‘s in 16’ or 17’ ?

Polaris uses the same P90X Clutch on the HL that they put on the Standard units for 18’/19’, But the BC uses a Clutch that is similar except the weights, spring, Helix drive and outer tube are different.
So the BC has a 1.92% Higher High Gear but uses a different Clutch setup than the lower High Geared HL that uses the same Clutch as the Standard 1000, interesting.

So with that said, I’m not sure that it has anything to do with the Gear Ratio in this case.
( which I understand sounds strange)

I have an idea of what it could be, so I need to look into it a little more.

But will still be curious of an explanation.

Post has been Edited.

·
Vendor
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't spill all the beans but just know today if it was in stock you can't buy it for a HL or BC.

The main reason for the post is, available but not for those models. Will get to the explanation when it is finalized.

Todd

·
Registered
192 Posts
How is the Polaris clutch on the Back Country edition? i like the looks of them on their website. Cant seem to see one in person as dealers are selling them as soon as they put them together around here.

·
Vendor
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How is the Polaris clutch on the Back Country edition? i like the looks of them on their website. Cant seem to see one in person as dealers are selling them as soon as they put them together around here.
Factory clutching is the same as rest, just the DC reacts differently due to lower gear ratio and it will get resolved

1 - 5 of 5 Posts