PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built a new 2021 Ranger NS ultimate crew and lifted it two inches, put 2 inch forward A-arms and 32 inch 10 ply tires with beadlocks. At WOT it will get the belt hot and set the misfire code so I am going to make a change to tune it and clutch it. My dealer uses Gilomen and still honors the extended warranty but I am torn between the duraclutch and the Gilomen kit for larger tires. I ran the duraclutch in my 2013 with 30 inch Roctanes with no issues but I have heard you loose top end because of the smaller clutch. Is there a updated Duraclutch or is everyone using the gilomen set up?

I run the roads quite a bit but don't mind playing on the trails.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
32 inch STI X comps. I also have a set of 32 inch carnivores on none beadlock wheels and they are lighter but it appears the STI/Beadlock weight just pushed it over the edge.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the reply. The tires are heavy and I knew the issue would come up but just hadn't decided on what direction to go. I ran the duraclutch on my 2013 for years with no issue and those Roctanes were heavy with the STI beadlcock. Every 500 miles I pulled the clutch and cleaned it by blowing out the dust then using rubbing alcohol to clean the sleeves. I realize most people don't do that but my 2013 looked like new when I sold it. I will reach out to Gilomen and see what they recommend. Hopefully they have stuff in stock.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was actually going to put 35 inch tires on it but it won't clear a 7 foot door so it would have to go in the shop!!lol It looks good and once I get the clutch and belt issue resolved it will be fine for us. This is with the 32 inch Carnivores on it.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great feedback. I run the belt temp gauges on my race machines but never have on a Ranger. I was hoping they would redesign the duraclutch for our new machines to make them right but it appears I will have to use Gilomen. The dealer where I purchased my Ranger has done a few with Gilomen stuff and they seem pretty happy.

On another note; we always run blowers on our race side by sides and have good luck but I really want to make this a very dependable cruiser. We sold our X3 race buggy and we bought a house with a 20x40 in ground pool:oops: Should of kept racing.....might be cheaper:unsure:

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quick update, I did get the tuner and the clutch kit installed. Clutch is much smoother but I haven't been able to drive it a lot. I haven't really seen much gain in seat of the pants power but that is subjective. Once I get a little more time on it I can provide more feedback.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
We went for a ride yesterday afternoon. Big difference between work and performance mode as was suggested. Either my speedometer is off by 5 MPH now or this thing is absolutely flying. We could run 60MPH at half throttle in traffic. We are able to ride them on the road here and I am pretty impressed if that is the actual speed vs RPM. Seems like the clutch is holding the torque much better. Not a great review but I have limited time on it. With my lighter 32 inch tires I suspect you could smoke the tires even with a 32.

My my 32 inch STI X comps and bead locks are heavy.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I'm sure I can adjust it once I know if it's actually off. Based off traffic flow I don't think it's off much if any but I pace it with my truck and see.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts