PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Crew Ultimate
148 Posts
Good luck with the belt heat. Follow up with any results please.

I am back to factory clutching (Hunterworks belt) on 28” BFG’s and and monitor belt temp with a Razorback 3.1. Great gauge just waiting on the fan which reminds me i better check on the status. So mine will build what i call low to mid heat (150 degrees) fairly quick.

Once everything is heat soaked and i run it wide open on the highway the temps like to hang in that 190-205 and on decel spike a bit more. Im not anywhere as good with cvt’s as i want to be. Put a Duraclutch on for the take off but hated the reduction in top speed. This was the earlier flversion where you keep the factory secondary on the machine. Have tried a couple of clutch setups and nothing reduced the heat. I put a blowhole in the intake but it didn’t seem to make any difference maybe made it worse who knows. Tried a side inlet cover from a RZR and temporarily plumbed it to pull air from inside and no difference. I did learn that when you rev high that system pulls a crap load of air volume. My next step is to use the side cover along with the factory inlet/exhaust and install the Razorback fan inline to the secondary inlet. The gauge runs the fan speed based on a temp curve and if i want to tweak said curve Razorback will reprogram it for a fee. Really my only complaint from my machine other than i dont get to drive it enough is the belt heat.

Have never blown a belt, but also don’t purposely try to. Didn’t have the temp gauge installed until around 1k miles when I installed the Duraclutch so i never had a great baseline but they are higher than my liking.

·
Registered
148 Posts
20 XP 1k NS Crew

Factory, then Duraclutch with factory secondary, factory primary with Black Max kit (cant remember all the weight setups…neglected to note that) with factory spring in secondary, and finally added Terrys big tire secondary spring. Not sure the rates on them. I guess the only real differi noticed was that the Duraclutch and the Black max kit revved higher 7800 or so cus the tune changed the rev limiter.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Within the tune file there should be provisions to adjust the speed calibration if it’s anything close to what my Dynojet software has. I want to say that the number in mine from factory was close to the actual tire size but i could be wrong but i remember it was in the 20’s. Speed calibration is definitely another perk of having a tuner when you run non factory tires or tracks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts