PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Full effect of the tune won't be felt unless in performance mode.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
We went for a ride yesterday afternoon. Big difference between work and performance mode as was suggested. Either my speedometer is off by 5 MPH now or this thing is absolutely flying. We could run 60MPH at half throttle in traffic. We are able to ride them on the road here and I am pretty impressed if that is the actual speed vs RPM. Seems like the clutch is holding the torque much better. Not a great review but I have limited time on it. With my lighter 32 inch tires I suspect you could smoke the tires even with a 32.

My my 32 inch STI X comps and bead locks are heavy.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Crew Ultimate
150 Posts
Within the tune file there should be provisions to adjust the speed calibration if it’s anything close to what my Dynojet software has. I want to say that the number in mine from factory was close to the actual tire size but i could be wrong but i remember it was in the 20’s. Speed calibration is definitely another perk of having a tuner when you run non factory tires or tracks.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I'm sure I can adjust it once I know if it's actually off. Based off traffic flow I don't think it's off much if any but I pace it with my truck and see.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Had some time to ride the machine and get some data. In performance the difference is very noticeable along with being smooth power and works very well with the new clutch set up and belt. At this point I would highly recommend this set up for anyone with large tires and lift. I assume this thing would smoke the tires on a stock unit. When the switch is in Work or Standard mode I don't see much difference. Would be nice to have those with a little improvement.

·
Registered
2016 Ranger Crew 900xp
44 Posts
My machine has a duraclutch and never any issues even tho I run 34in warrior xt, 6in lift, all the goodies, and a MASSIVE stereo. I go have 20%gear reduction in the trans, but overall I love the way it drives. Mud , trails whatever I want to throw at it the bike just keeps on going

21 - 27 of 27 Posts