PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced E-Brake pads with HiLifter Bronze pads. Polaris press fits the assembly and pads together - I assume so you have to buy the entire unit from Polaris vs. replacing just the pads. You have to cut it apart and chisel off the press fit lips - you can't use a press to push out the pins - they have a lip on one side and a shoulder on the other. The instructions are pretty clear except I had to put bolts that have bushings on them in the other direction to clear the differential case. Also, taking off the sway bar and air filter box and filter gives you more room to work. Great product but not an easy job to change - took a couple hours to complete.

Regarding the pads on the disk brakes - I thought they were worn out so I ordered new ones. The brake material is very thin on the new ones - no where near as thick as auto brake pads. I didn't measure them but there is less than 1/8" of material. At least I have a new set when I do need them. They are easy to change - just take off the caliper, back out the set screw on the back of the caliper and they come out easily.

Happy braking!

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I thought the HL instructions were good also compared to the ones some things come with today. I don't think you will wear out those PB pads anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts