PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spent 45 minutes cleaning my Ranger after riding it for the day, and it still isn't clean. Does anyone have any insight on the easiest to clean SxS? From getting mud out of un-capped metal tubing, to mud in the honeycombs under the bed, to mud stuck between the gas tank and the skid plate, I'm getting tired. The only real way for me fully clean it is to drop the full underbody skid-plante, which is a job in itself. I know this is the price to pay for having a fun time, but time is money and I would love to have an easier to clean SxS. I don't see how RZR owners ever get all of the mud out of their rig.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hate to say it, but a sxs is a lot larger than an atv. SO, its that much more to clean.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Heck I wish it only took 45 minutes. It usually takes me between 2-3 hours after a ride.

·
Registered
427 Posts
If its really really dried on hard i just put a garden sprinkler under the bottom and let it fan back and forth not gonna get it super clean but will loosen up the hard stuff

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
By the time you clean the ranger clean coolers wash mud off trailer clean mud out of truck you have killed a day.

Reactions: ChrisH

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm with you on that Rowe doo.... It's a day process for me 1 sxs and 1 atv then all the gear and putting everything away takes time

·
Registered
182 Posts
I just look at it this way Price I have to pay for doing what I love

Reactions: DogRunner2

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Leave it dirty I promise it won't mind. I only clean my in detail a couple times a year and it still looks good as new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22,344 Posts
Hate to say it, but a sxs is a lot larger than an atv. SO, its that much more to clean.
Yeap, having went from a dirt bike to a quad and then to a SXS, the cleaning got exponentially more difficult. Now owning dirt bikes again for me and the kids, I had forgotten how quick the cleanup was.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The onlything I hate about clean up is that I can't seem to get the cage clean. Anybody got any ideas?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Try WD-40 after washing.
The onlything I hate about clean up is that I can't seem to get the cage clean. Anybody got any ideas?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Yall need to start spraying cover all on yalls units after cleaning. It's a silicone spray and makes mud just fall off. That and when you go to wash it comes spotless clean. It's made cleaning 10x easier for me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yall need to start spraying cover all on yalls units after cleaning. It's a silicone spray and makes mud just fall off. That and when you go to wash it comes spotless clean. It's made cleaning 10x easier for me.
Care to share where to find this? I googled "cover all spray" and all I can find is paint coveralls.

·
Registered
20 Posts
As far as dirt/mud getting into the tubes - I found 2" X 2" square plastic caps on Ebay that fit perfect and keep the mud out. I also spray the cleaned plastic with Amoral and the dirt comes right off. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
973 Posts
I have seen sprint cars use baby oil, cheap and it works. I plan to begin using it myself.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I use a product from Slick Products | For All Your Dirty Toys its called slick shine. I have used this on my jeep. i spray it all over the undercarriage, wheel wells,
springs and shocks, and after a couple of days off road most of the mud and dirt falls off with just a hose.

·
Registered
437 Posts
To get mud stains off go find a Dollar General the have a product called Awesome it works great underneath and takes the mud stains off with no scrubbing. Other than that it just takes a lot of water. I do a 3 step process. I pressure wash till most of the big stuff is washed off, then I use just the hose in all the small areas I couldn't get the pressure washer, after that I introduce the soaps, I spray everything underneath with loads of awesome and wash the exterior with car wash soap. It is a 2-3 hr process. After you get it clean pick up some Maxima SC1 to shine it up and help the mud release easier next time.

·
Registered
130 Posts
It takes me atleast 2-3 hours to get mine clean after a ride! Its all in good fun..I have looked at numerous Dollar General stores for that "Awesome" stuff and haven't been able to find it. I use turtle wax ice (spray) and that seems to help a little bit when it comes to rinsing the mud stains..

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Care to share where to find this? I googled "cover all spray" and all I can find is paint coveralls.
its made by superior products. only place I can find it is at oreilys or on internet. ive used sc1 too and imo this works a lot better. all my riding buddys use it with same results.

·
Registered
437 Posts
It's usually back in the cleaning supplies like degreasers and that sort of thing

1 - 20 of 21 Posts