PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a easy homemade cab heater for the midSize rangers?? I've seen on for the Yamaha rhino that uses a shield of sorts with tubing going straight to the dash.. And it gets it's heat from behind the radiator if I'm not mistaken. Without going into the cooling or heating system..

·
Registered
195 Posts
The only issue I could see with that, and this is why I question this.

During the snow season, for me anyway... The snow comes off my plow, hits the radiator and steams up the cab windows. I should imagine if you ducted in, you would most certainly pull more steam into your cab, if you have a cab of course.

I am looking to seal up any air intrusion into my cab from the front. One thing you could do, is to pull air from under the seat into your cab, but you have to watch for exhaust leaks. Or shell out a couple of hundred and install one of these... http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-991102-1/overview/

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Since I've snorkeled my rig, I've thought about putting a Y pipe in and diverting the clutch exhaust (filtered) into the cab. A simple butterfly inside the Y pipe should be able to divert the air. My daughter-in-law sat in the back and was quite warm trapping the heat with a blanket from the heat coming off the clutch exhaust tube. :indecisiveness:

·
Registered
891 Posts
Hmmmm...now that is an interesting idea! Remove the existing exhaust duct and extend it into the cab behind your legs! Could actually pipe it to the unused intake grille!

Cheers

·
Registered
237 Posts
Anyone have a easy homemade cab heater for the midSize rangers?? I've seen on for the Yamaha rhino that uses a shield of sorts with tubing going straight to the dash.. And it gets it's heat from behind the radiator if I'm not mistaken. Without going into the cooling or heating system..
I just put a shroud over exhaust pipe and vented into cab under seat with a 4 inch pipe with a fan in pipe,works great

·
Registered
621 Posts
I just put a shroud over exhaust pipe and vented into cab under seat with a 4 inch pipe with a fan in pipe,works great
Pic????? Would like to see that !

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Nice job trailcutter, exactly what I was thinking about when I was talking about the old VW heat exchanger.

·
Registered
239 Posts
This is in between the high dollar Side x Side built and your home made. Just to give another idea.
Cab Heater

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the idea of a small heater core also a small fan and a shut off valve also 2 heater core hoses make some kind of box for the heater core then start making the heater working anyone have any ideas how to make this work in a 2011 Polaris’s rzr I’m just thinking of this for my rzr

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Prior to just springing for a Firestorm heater I kicked around the idea of fabricating a steel box around the exhaust pipe and plumbing air from that box to the cab interior with a muffin fan pulling air into the cab. In the end I chose the Firestormsince it doesn't deface things. Yes, you have to cut some holes but the system doesn't look home grown.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts