PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

ECM Tune? Clutch kits?

14K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  Schick94 
#1 ·
There’s looks to be at least 15 places that do this. What’s everyone using? RSV, Gillaman , etc....

They all look to do the same thing.

I would like to keep my stock ecm stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Gillomen. Spend the extra for the adjustable weights.

#7 ·
It will not ever be right with two and I have not thought about that, send both in then that gets the new one to the hours miles etc as old, then start using the new one, the old one is stuck where it was, so then you gotta send both back in if you need original one with matching hours. I think I am sending in my one in and not buy a new one.

#10 ·
I did the Gilomen with the clutch weights also. Very impressed.

#13 ·
get the ecu flashed for missfire codes and install a p90xt clutch and your problems will be over. terry has a pretty good discount around black Friday

Reactions: Stroke250
#15 ·
you will need 2 different pullers if you swat the clutch out

#16 ·
The weights Terry supply's you do not require any pullers, its super easy.

#18 ·
I would imagine it depends on what goes wrong.

#19 ·
Call Terry and talk to him if you have any questions. I am extremely happy with the ECU, exhaust, clutch weights (and spacer because mine was terrible from the factory) and cam kit. Completely different machine and with his clutch adjustments you can actually back up to a trailer without being jerky. Unless you have a cab, the Gillomen branded exhaust may be a little loud.

#22 ·
Sounds like a repost here but it’s NOT lol !!! I just installed my ECU, adjustable clutch weight kit, and Best Belt in the World belt from Gilomen Innovations 2 days ago. After giving them as much info possible on all things I have done to my machine, tire sizes, and how I mostly use it...they reprogrammed ECU, set up clutch weights and sent it all back fast! I knew going in that my factory warranty was gonna be void; but did not care. My Ranger is a ‘19 XP 1000 with 54 hrs and less than 300 miles. I have driven it the past 2 days and still can not believe the night and day difference in it!!!! I liked it before and all, just coming from a dirt track racing background I wanted more?....and I definitely got it. Should come from the factory this way IMO!

#23 ·
Cool beans Schick. What tires you running? Weight set up, spring. What rpm's up top?

Details Mr! Stretched its legs yet?

#25 ·
I just put on Tusk Trilobites on 14” wheels. 29”x9” up front and 29”x11” on rear. Really put them to the test this weekend down in Northern Kentucky after a LOT of rain! Gilomen set up my clutch with one weight in #1 holes, two weights in #2 holes and none in #3 with the blue spring and I installed the EBS shim too. Put on a new Best Belt in the world belt same time. My top speed over the weekend was 63MPH with all my heavy accessories I added! Top speed before all my ad ons was maybe 53MPH?. Was definitely low to mid 8K RPM up top. Was blown away with its performance all the way around. I treated it like it was a rental lol! I definitely hear more clutch and engine noise now...cause I now have two snorkel “megaphones” by my head to amplify all sounds; but couldn’t be happier. Told my wife I now have a Razor with a utility bed ?!!! I am gonna change my switch on the dash....WORK, STANDARD, and BAD ASS!!! Dragon Fire should offer THAT switch.

Reactions: RJ
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.