PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into putting some new shoes on the '15 900xp. I've almost decided to go with Swamper TSL Bias ply 28x8.50x14 or the 29x8.50x15 due to it being a light truck tire and the fact that they should last forever. I read some threads on here with people running that setup and seem to be pleased with it. However I was online last night and stumbled across the new EFX MotoBoss tire. It seems to be very similar to the terms but has a little more spacing in the lugs. Also says on the website that this is made from a new "softer" rubber for the ride quality and they have it listed as a mud/all terrain tire. Me, having ran the Moto MTC on my previous crew, was very impressed with the performance and ride of the MTC and you just couldn't wear the things out! Its hard not to consider another EFX tire. With that being said, the MotoBoss weighs in a little heavy but I'm wondering if they will have the "walking and wear problem" that the terms have. The "softer" rubber kind of leads me to thinking that they will not wear well and will possibly have the walking issue at higher speeds. Sorry for such a long post, but I haven't seen anyone on here post their thoughts/reviews on this new tire. Feel free to chime in, as I'm sure others have curious minds like me!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm in the same boat, although I was looking at the the Swamper TSL/SX in 29x10.50x15's. Thanks for suggesting the MotoBoss - I hadn't seen them before. They look like they'd perform well in the mud, and the centerline lugs may eliminate some of the "rumble strip" effect at low speeds on hard surfaces. Will be watching this thread with interest...

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Those tires look more like Terminators than anything else to me. If you ride where there are side hills or wet hills and rocks I would steer clear of those. They should be great in mud though.

·
Registered
419 Posts
FYI - I saw a prototype of the motoboss and it did look good. It seemed a bit softer than the rest of the efx tires and heavy too - 60 lbs for the 34s. Nonetheles, I may try it because I am not a big fan of the 34 terms but want something 34" tall.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am ready to see some reviews on this tire... with the softer compound, it may not be the tire for me. Ive also been "eyeballing" the SATV intimidator since they now have a 28 and 30. Loved my MTC's but wanting something different

·
Registered
194 Posts
Has anyone tried these tires yet. I was wondering how smooth they are are hard pack trails.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm still sitting stock and haven't pulled the trigger yet...waiting on someone who has ran either of these to chime in, I may just give the Intimidators a shot! Good looking tire IMO

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have some 34" motoboss ordered - should get them Wednesday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have some 34" motoboss ordered - should get them Wednesday

Let us know how you like them and some pics would be great too!

·
Registered
56 Posts
i just put a set of 28-8.5-14 tsl's on mine, i wouldn't recommend them.......they are too narrow imo. they suck in low spots. im about to put my mtc's back on!

·
Registered
419 Posts

Pull great - they climb well and ride smooth

Reactions: FuriousJ

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Looking good! I like their looks better than terminators. Nice looks machine you got there too.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Much harder compound too should hold up well

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Much harder compound too should hold up well

I just replied to you on another thread, but I'm glad to know how the ride and perform. The only thing that really concerned me is the softer compound, so I automatically thought they were as soft as Terms and would have the "walking" issues at higher speeds! Thanks for your reply!

·
Registered
10 Posts
update, kept tires and added the OUTKAST forward a-arm 3" 1/2 kit. all good, tires go about anywhere.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts