PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, So.... I have a 2018 Ranger 1000 with the Polaris eyebrow stereo and a set of the Polaris rear (overhead) speakers. I also have the Polaris 72” plow with the lift and tilt actuators on the plow. The controls for the lift/tilt are on the shifter handle. When I am plowing and also listening to music I get a loud popping noise thru the speakers when I am using the lift and tilt buttons on the shifter handle. I have talked with the dealer that installed it all and they are telling me it’s a known problem and there is no fix.... I’m not buying that.... does anyone have some insight, experience, or thoughts on this problem ????
Thanks

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Trying Grounding your Radio directly to the battery. When using high load / amperage style devices such as winches, hydraulics, etc. It sometimes is necessary to ground the radio straight to the battery to help cut down on the interference.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Ive read on here a few instances of the lights dimming and even almost stalling the motor with the plows wired to the pulse bar. With the plow wired directly to the battery the issues went away. Like jobo said, big amp draw.

·
Registered
306 Posts
How about creating a Faraday shield for the radio or speakers ?
Just throwing it out there maybe shielding the relays

1 - 4 of 4 Posts