PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Polaris Ranger 800 xp I have an intermediate problem when engine warms up looses power and engine light comes on only under load, talked to a mechanic buddy of mine he said it might be a wire. does anybody know where I should start my search for the correct wire?

Thank You
Doug

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
Have you checked it for codes?

The most likely problems are........TBAP wires, TPS, wires, and IAC wires. All are known to commonly cause issues on the '11 and newer 800 engines.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Have you checked it for codes?
..... All are known to commonly cause issues on the '11 and newer 800 engines.
Was there ever a fix put out by Polaris, service bulletin, recall?

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Was there ever a fix put out by Polaris, service bulletin, recall?
Service bulletins in 2011 - Wires were bound to tightly. Service bulletins have since expired - you're on your own! Fix was just to put new wire ties on and to replace any wires that were damaged during the span of the SB.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Service bulletins in 2011 - Wires were bound to tightly. Service bulletins have since expired - you're on your own! Fix was just to put new wire ties on and to replace any wires that were damaged during the span of the SB.
Is there any way to find out if a SB was accomplished on my Ranger? I bought it used from a dealer. Is there a database to pull up VIN's to see, like a carfax type of report?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info everybody! I will start there. If you think of anything else, please post. I'll let you know what I figure out. Thanks!

Doug

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Your dealer should be able to tell you. The TSB numbers were R-10-02 and R-11-01.

Reactions: JJaxon

·
Registered
7 Posts
Check the wires at the crank shaft senser. There is a white connector with I beleive has 3 wires going to it. This connector is down on the right side of the engine. Wires going into the case. Just ahead of the shift lever. A bunch of wires tie wraped together. Anyway have it running and move the wires around pull on them. I found a bad at that plug. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts