PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 ranger 500. I was driving down road yesterday and all of a sudden the motor died and I lost all power. No lights, no dash lights, nothing. All fuses in fuse box under hood is good. And getting 12 volts to starter solenoid. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I think the 1st place to start is to get a DVOM and test all grounds and positives starting at the battery and working out from there.
you could have 12+ volts but no amperage out of the battery, check for clean and secured connecctions at the battery and fuse block.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Trouble shooting 12vdc stuff can be tricky. Using a high impedance volt meter which doesn't provide any load to a circuit can give a false reading if there is a connection issue. For example I have seen many times while troubleshooting a simple trailer wiring problem a volt meter might show 12 vdc at the bulb connector with no load but goes to zero with the bulb installed. For this reason sometimes a simple test light can be best since it provides a load. This is especially true if there is a bad connection or broken wire strands in the wiring somewhere. A while back I lost all power on my 1000, the problem was the negative battery terminal was loose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts