PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure its on here somewhere but does anyone have pictures of mounting emergency lights on their Ranger to use for police/fire work? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Im sure its on here somewhere but does anyone have pictures of mounting emergency lights on their Ranger to use for police/fire work? Thanks!
We have a police one at our city. It's got a led light bar on the roof and the controls are I believe mounted in the glove box. It's probably a 2011 800 crew if I had to guess the year. Maybe a 2012. Next time I see it I'll take some pics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have a police one at our city. It's got a led light bar on the roof and the controls are I believe mounted in the glove box. It's probably a 2011 800 crew if I had to guess the year. Maybe a 2012. Next time I see it I'll take some pics.

Thanks! I just got me a 2017 Ranger 900XP and looking to outfit it.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Yea I think they mostly hit the alleys and patrol with it at night. Yours will be way nicer haha ours is kind of outdated.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I think they mostly hit the alleys and patrol with it at night. Yours will be way nicer haha ours is kind of outdated.

lol its my personal and used for work occasionally

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
748 Posts
I have some red and blue strobes that go in the headlight bezel I will sell cheap they are brand new never used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have some red and blue strobes that go in the headlight bezel I will sell cheap they are brand new never used.

What brand? Any pics?

·
Registered
748 Posts
You drill a hole in headlight bezel in back or side area poke the leds in there screw the housing into plastic.
It is a metal housing.

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Check your state laws! Around here, it's illegal to use blue or red if you're on the streets! I believe you're OK if you are off-road(?).

·
Registered
778 Posts
For strobes, I used a kit from Vision X that I got off eBay for like $120. Came with a wireless remote which seems to work okay. You can get them in either single or RGBW colors. I'll get some pics of the setup my township guy used on the fire/rescue ranger if you're looking for ideas.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I have 2 reds and 2 blues so I have enough for 2 machines if anyone wants them? I would ask $80.00 a pair that's half price of what they are new and I will ship to you.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I too use mine for work and play. I took the cheap route. They sell covers in different colors that snap on the front of LED bars. My bars have a wireless remote and have flash capabilities. So, when I need it for work, I just snap the covers on and take them off when I don't.

Reactions: arcticzale
1 - 20 of 33 Posts