PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

EMP roof vs ftd roof

Tags
570 emp ftd roof top
3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  sierra_bum 
#1 ·
Anyone have experience with these 2 tops? Picking my 2014 ranger 570 up Saturday. Need a roof and a windshield. Ive decided I think I want to go with a metal roof...now just narrowing it down is the problem!

#3 ·
I am trying to decide on a metal roof as well. I need one sturdy enough to stand on. Any experiences would help.
I have the EMP roof on my 800XP. It is made out of 16 gauge sheet metal and the edges are rolled over and doubled. I can stand on it if I stay close to the edges where the roll cage offers some support but I try not to walk on the middle of the roof.

#5 ·
My buddy has the FTD roof on his 2010 800xp and we stand on it all the time. He's about 220 and I'm 170, and its not bent yet. Marty @ ftd cabs makes a great product, stands behind it, and is a pleasure to speak with. Give him a call, you won't be sorry you did!

#6 ·
I have an FTD roof and it is great! Don't recall the gauge of material, but it's aluminum (wont rust) and very strong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.