PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy an enclosed trailer to haul the rig around and wondering what height I need. I have a 2.5" lift, forward arched arms and 30" tires. The trailer I'm looking at has 78" height but with the folding ramp food it takes away 6". I'm thinking at an angle driving in I'm gonna want extra clearance, just wondering if any of you have a similar height ranger and load in an enclosed trailer. I can go up to 18" taller but the lower the better for me because of wind drag. Thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm also interested in knowing this .... This Newyork road salt is just to much for my machine on an open trailer behind my dually

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went ahead an ordered a 8x18ft with an extra 18" height. When I get it I will find the highest point when loading/unloading and let you know what height would work. I wanted to stay as short as possibly to reduce wind drag but didn't want to get the trailer and not fit

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just bought this one. It was special ordered by someone else, then they backed out. I have the full 3" Outkast lift with 30" XXL's. I'm right at 80 1/2" tall. The trailer opening is 81", so it just barely squeezes in.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I just bought this one. It was special ordered by someone else, then they backed out. I have the full 3" Outkast lift with 30" XXL's. I'm right at 80 1/2" tall. The trailer opening is 81", so it just barely squeezes in.

That is one nice trailer keep us posted on up grade's.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm curious about how much room river runner has between his tires and the interior trailer wheel wells. I have 2 inch wheel spacers , so I sit just a bit wider.... Also is 81" standard for that size trailer or is that custom height ... What's the length and width of that trailer neways ?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I want to go this same route. I measured my 06 at 77" to the top roll bar after adding a 2" prolift and 28" bighorns..my question to you guys is what about width? If it's a 7' wide trailer is there enough room for a guy like me that has a 24" beer gut to get out? Lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My options were 8 or 8.5' wide in the 18' length. I went with 8. Not excited about the wind drag the trailer will have but I will have plenty of room. I went with a v nose 18x8 96" tall with spring assist ramp door and a 15"x30" window above fenders on both sides. I plan on mounting cots on the inside for hunting trips

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I am looking at about the same thing,But i want 8'-6" wide to fit ski-doo's .:encouragement:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Ive gotta get one as well. I have a 6x12 enclosed but not a chance the ranger will fit. on my open trailer it get covered w crap from our wonderful weather and im afraid if i put a glass windshield in it, it wont last long.

Im looking into a 7' tall 7x14 single axle vnose. I will probably have to order it out of Georgia.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Yes with the ramp door you lose 6" on your height. i believe I paid right at 5 for the 8x18 v nose extra 18" height, ramp spring assist door and 2 windows. Not too bad. I actually traded a 40ft gooseneck straight across for the enclosed and a 16' tandem axle utility trailer.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Yes with the ramp door you lose 6" on your height. i believe I paid right at 5 for the 8x18 v nose extra 18" height, ramp spring assist door and 2 windows. Not too bad. I actually traded a 40ft gooseneck straight across for the enclosed and a 16' tandem axle utility trailer.
Thats a good deal!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.