PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 2013 Ranger 500 midsize and I had an annoying clicking sound that I originally thought was bad CV joints. I later discovered it was the brake pads clicking or rattling. The thing was the brake pads weren't worn out, they had lots of pad left on them. I started searching and discovered that on the EV Rangers they had installed springs between the brake pads. I'm guessing that with the EV's the sound was even more pronounced because there was no engine noise to drown it out. I ordered up 8 springs, two for each caliper and the clicking stopped. My father in law has a Ranger 570 midsize and his started clicking too so I also installed the springs on his and again it eliminated the clicking. I now have a 2011 400 H.O. and it has the same issue, so I will be ordering springs for it tomorrow. It's an easy fix and I feel Polaris should have installed the springs on all Rangers. So if you are hearing a clicking sound from your wheels, order yourself some springs. The part number is 7043649 it's item 12 in the diagram below.

Font Schematic Parallel Auto part Engineering

1 - 1 of 1 Posts