PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well dad just got a Browning edition ranger earlier this year and we are having problems with the EBS. He has taken in it at 5 and 30 hours due to this problem. It almost feels like the belt is burnt up. After the last trip the dealer said he found out if you run long steep hills the EBS will fail due to a bearing issue. The only way to keep the bearing from going out is by keeping your foot the brakes while going down the hill and moving at a slow speed. Has anyone else had this issue and is there a fix?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I did not know 2012 Ranger 800s could be bought with EBS, was it added? What brand of clutch if so? I have the DDP Ultimate clutch with engine braking and it works great.

·
Vendor
2,124 Posts
Well dad just got a Browning edition ranger earlier this year and we are having problems with the EBS. He has taken in it at 5 and 30 hours due to this problem. It almost feels like the belt is burnt up. After the last trip the dealer said he found out if you run long steep hills the EBS will fail due to a bearing issue. The only way to keep the bearing from going out is by keeping your foot the brakes while going down the hill and moving at a slow speed. Has anyone else had this issue and is there a fix?
That system is the best Polaris or any aftermarket company can offer except for one, us and Duraclutch, pricey yes but well worth it. Engine braking is just one portion of what you get .

Click the link below then read the tech articles there.

http://www.hunterworks.com/duraclutches_

If you have any questions, feel free to call me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts