PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2018 ranger xp1000 that I bought new had a engine failure. I took it to Jones Powersports where I bought it from which is about 2 hours away from me to get warrantied about 10 days ago. Today I spoke to the shop foreman and he informed me that although there is still carbon in the cylinders and no signs of water damage or abuse whatsoever that Polaris denied my claim and said I put it under water and that’s why the engine failed. To top it off the weekend after my engine failed I went ahead and bought a new Ranger Northstar to ride while my 2 door was being repaired and Between the 2018 ranger I bought, plus the factory tip out glass, roof, rear glass, factory half doors and the new 19 northstar plus everything I got with it I’ve spent around $47000 and they just said no. The machine looks like new, never been in the water and they denied the claim. This isn’t the level of customer service I expected. Anybody with info that may help please let me know.
Ron Rupert

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Ron, rejecting legitimate claims is what they do best........ They do thank you for all the repeat business ! I am thinking a note from a good attorney and a letter to the state is needed...Btw.........what was the "engine failure"....... rod thru the block etc ??

·
Registered
19 Posts
It’s sad to say but I would talk to an attorney and find out your options in your state. If you truly didn’t sink it which I have no doubt you didn’t they don’t have leg to stand on legally more than likely. Different states have different laws pertaining to this so you will have to find out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2018 ranger xp1000 that I bought new had a engine failure. I took it to Jones Powersports where I bought it from which is about 2 hours away from me to get warrantied about 10 days ago. Today I spoke to the shop foreman and he informed me that although there is still carbon in the cylinders and no signs of water damage or abuse whatsoever that Polaris denied my claim and said I put it under water and that’s why the engine failed. To top it off the weekend after my engine failed I went ahead and bought a new Ranger Northstar to ride while my 2 door was being repaired and Between the 2018 ranger I bought, plus the factory tip out glass, roof, rear glass, factory half doors and the new 19 northstar plus everything I got with it I’ve spent around $47000 and they just said no. The machine looks like new, never been in the water and they denied the claim. This isn’t the level of customer service I expected. Anybody with info that may help please let me know.
Ron Rupert
this is what i have been getting from polaris over the last 3 models... am very,very disturbed with their service ad warranty .. but mine was mostly Heating problems...to remedy this went and did as my other family members . bought a Honda..very happy.. and complaints . Polaris has attendant a attitude toward their customers.. and i think it going to bite them ... 68 yr old man who now is happy..

·
Registered
7 Posts
I purchased a 2018 NorthStar, Crew Cab, 1000XP; I have about $34K invested in tis rig. Literally every attempt to make warranty repairs on tis rig involved me contacting Polaris directly. Once I contacted Polaris, the requested repairs were always approved. More recently Go AZ Motorcycles purchased the two dealerships I was using. Since then I have not had to get involved and the requested warranty magickly happed. I don't know anything about Jones Powersports but I can tell you that Go AZ Motorcycles in Arizona knows how to make things happen.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Engine shot in under 200 miles, won't tell us what happened or the symptoms before it failed, I call bs for now!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
You got to have a dealer you can trust. Now with that said having been around these forums for some time I can see why Polaris takes the stand they do with claims, when you here things like "and oh by the way keep your stock parts just in case" that's not everyone but it does screw it up for the legit claim. Lastly, and I've said it many times before, their are 2 sides to every story and it's extremely rare that we get both.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I'm on the fence with this one. The OP, Ron, hasn't posted again since his initial complaint. Legit? Maybe, maybe not. He's tossing out numbers like $47k as if it's chicken feed when most folks in the country don't have $5k in savings. Maybe he's a wealthy Honda dealer trying to smear Polaris, not that Polaris needs a lot of help smearing their warranty claims. Others have had complaints of denials too. On the other hand, the Ranger he's talking about with engine damage is a 2018. A warranty period is a warranty period, even if it had zero miles, if the warranty period is up I wouldn't expect much help from Polaris, or Ford or Gm or Dodge if it was a pickup truck of their brand. The dealer may be willing to kick in some if you're a good customer. The OP says he bought a new Northstar to ride around in while the 2018 1000 was being fixed. It seems to me that he should have made the purchase of the Northstar conditional on repair or a break on repairs of the 1000, or some kind of a trade in deal.
Maybe I've been duped too many times and am cynical now, but I'm dubious of the whole question. I'm with pepe58, there's more to this story, we aren't getting it all. An engine can be bad with 200 miles, occasionally a defective unit slips by every factory. I bought a brand new Encore mower with a Briggs and Stratton 12 HP 20 years ago. Mowed my lawn one time and a friend came over to see it thinking he may purchase one. I brought it out and cranked it up. It threw a rod while it was sitting there idling and warming up. Punched a hole right through the side of the block. I was shocked! I'd never had a B&S engine fail. I took it back to the dealer and they installed a brand new 12.5 HP engine that ran great for the next 20 years and was still running when I sold it before I moved.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts