PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys/Gals,

2011 Ranger 800XP

On first start the engine surges from 1200 to 1800 when cold, as it warms up the problem goes away.
after the warm up the machine acts normal, the idle drops to about 12 or 13 hundred rpm.

This spring i did notice that while using the {warm} machine in low range spraying my yard i would creep along just above idle the machine would surge, this would happen at walking speed that i sprayed at, when i increased the speed it would react normal again, when i slowed down to walking speed again it would sometimes be ok for a while then start surging... this is all engine related, I could see it on the RPM gauge.

Any Ideas where to start?

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
The IAC harness on the 2011 800's are famous for chafing/breaking wire.

This high quality repair harness typically fixes Polaris engine codes:

• SPN 634 FMI 7,4,3,5
  • SPN 520270 FMI 4,3,5
  • SPN 520269, FMI 4,3,5
  • SPN 520268 FMI 4,3,5
Some symptoms of a bad Idle air control motor wiring harness are engine will not stay idling, idle will be too high or to low. Engine will die when letting off the gas.

Please do a visual comparison to make sure you are ordering the correct part.

*Note: This harness has 6 wires. Some machines only have 4 wires from the factory. This harness will fit both 4 and 6 wire machines.

Reactions: RJ

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The IAC harness on the 2011 800's are famous for chafing/breaking wire.

This high quality repair harness typically fixes Polaris engine codes:

• SPN 634 FMI 7,4,3,5
  • SPN 520270 FMI 4,3,5
  • SPN 520269, FMI 4,3,5
  • SPN 520268 FMI 4,3,5
Some symptoms of a bad Idle air control motor wiring harness are engine will not stay idling, idle will be too high or to low. Engine will die when letting off the gas.

Please do a visual comparison to make sure you are ordering the correct part.

*Note: This harness has 6 wires. Some machines only have 4 wires from the factory. This harness will fit both 4 and 6 wire machines.

All ya need to know is where to look, its the IAC connector, the engineers overlooked the fact that the bottom of the seat actually hits the IAC connector. I disconnected it then plugged it back in, seen the CK Engine light, and its putting out an error code of 520267 which is related to the IAC.
Looks like there could be up to 3 errors for that wire on the IAC..... Make no difference it needs to get replaced.
Thanks JM Nice to find someone who knows their stuff,
One of the two problems may be resolved now!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts