PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2015 570 midsize. I have no clue if this is even an issue and would appreciate some expert advice. I notice that with the under seat storage bin installed the engine temperature gets to 215 F and when the fan comes on it drops to about 190 F. The fan seems to run quite a bit. With the box removed the temperature gets to about 195 F and then drops to about 180 F and the fan runs a lot less. Is it OK for the engine to operate at the higher temperature range seen with the bin installed? Thanks Old Crow

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Hi, I have a 2015 570 midsize. I have no clue if this is even an issue and would appreciate some expert advice. I notice that with the under seat storage bin installed the engine temperature gets to 215 F and when the fan comes on it drops to about 190 F. The fan seems to run quite a bit. With the box removed the temperature gets to about 195 F and then drops to about 180 F and the fan runs a lot less. Is it OK for the engine to operate at the higher temperature range seen with the bin installed? Thanks Old Crow
OC, I logged the fan on/fan off temps on the brand new 2017 Ranger crew 6- 570 when it hit the island for later reference . 185 - 204 .............. 215 is a bit much for me . I would do a coolant system purge with the front end up as high as you can get it/ cap off and squeeze those long azz radiator hoses while keeping the radiator topped off for at least three fan cycles to get any air left in there out. Those varying FAN ON/FAN OFF temps are definitely indicative of a minor problem. I would start with a purge and then look at the temp sensor (thermister).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks jungleman, I did as you recommended and got a major improvement. The machine was doing that temp thing since new so I thought it was normal. Oh well I guess its better than when the exhaust pipe melted a hole behind the seat shortly after I bought it. Thanks again for the help, Old Crow

1 - 3 of 3 Posts