• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New REV owner for 48 hours.
Is the Extended Warranty Polaris Protection Plan worth the money?
Please tell me your story, how long have you had your EV, and then a yes or no to the question.

Thank you for your input.

Wayne

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have seen multiple posts panning the Extended Warranty. I don't know anything about it since I have yet to have my machine delivered.
I am curious as to what the extended plan covers. Perhaps you might enlighten those of us as to the content. I am curious about content because Ford's extended plan includes oil changes to 100,000 miles. In my mind that might make it worth buying. At 70, I do not relish creeping around changing vital bodily fluids unless I really have to. I would much rather hire someone anymore. This is an aspect I have yet to research and would also appreciate any input.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I can tell you it doesn't apply to accessories like doors, roof etc..

·
Registered
5 Posts
I can tell you it doesn't apply to accessories like doors, roof etc..
Even if they are "factory," and "factory installed?" With a NS Premium, many "accessories" like winches, doors, roofs are factory installed. I can understand aftermarket not covered, makes sense. Looking for clarification

·
Registered
'21 Northstar premium
29 Posts
Even if they are "factory," and "factory installed?" With a NS Premium, many "accessories" like winches, doors, roofs are factory installed. I can understand aftermarket not covered, makes sense. Looking for clarification
I got my Northstar Premium in March with a 2 year warranty from the factory. After listening to the salesman, it didn't seem to cover much beyond the 6 month basic warranty. I would say buyer beware. Check it out very well before you spend any money on it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
The driver power window was sluggish at mid stroke, took it to dealer. They said the window frame was "bent" and said the extended warranty does not cover accessories such a doors. These are Polaris factory doors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The driver power window was sluggish at mid stroke, took it to dealer. They said the window frame was "bent" and said the extended warranty does not cover accessories such a doors. These are Polaris factory doors.
That is the kind of information I am looking for and am curious about.
Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
New REV owner for 48 hours.
Is the Extended Warranty Polaris Protection Plan worth the money?
Please tell me your story, how long have you had your EV, and then a yes or no to the question.

Thank you for your input.

Wayne
It's, basically, buying a piece of mind.
How much do you trust your ring. I got a 19 Ranger XP1000 NS edition & bought the extended warranty. Had it for 2 years now and no issues. My Ranger is flawless. My extended warranty covers everything that was on it when I bought it, bumper to bumper. It's pricey but it was my 1st rig so I felt comfortable getting it.
I'm upgrading to a 22 NS Ultimate due in October. Will I get the extended warranty again?? Probably not.
I'm able to cancel my existing policy any time and may do that in a cple weeks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
How is a door considered an accessory? Does your rig normally not have doors?

·
Registered
447 Posts
How is a door considered an accessory? Does your rig normally not have doors?
2019 XP900's do not come with doors, you have to purchase them separately.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts