PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you buy an extended warranty can you use it at any dealership. Is it like truck insurance you file a claim for the repairs and you pay a deductible. What is usually covered just looking for the big things engine transmission axles . How long does he coverage go. Thinking about upgrading to a newer machine is why I ask worried about the tranny on the new ranger 900 weak reverse chain and a few bearing problems that could cost thousands to fix.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yes you can use the warranty at any polaris dealer. The warranty covers all the expensive items as long as you don't do any modifications that would void these items. I don't think there is a deductable no matter where you use it. Can range from 1-5 years of extra coverage. The forum sponser fixmytoys sells the warranty best price guaranteed. Also known as ball equipment.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
There are other outfits offering extended warranties besides Polaris. Whichever one you are considering, shop around. You may save hundreds. :glee::encouragement:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just bought a new machine. The Extended Warranty was for 48 Months after my 6 Month ran out. Total 54 Months of Warranty.
It cost $8 per month added to the payments.

If I stay in Good Health I will probably trade the Full Size 570 back in before the 54 months is out for another new one.

Bob

·
Registered
408 Posts
If your question is Should I buy the warranty? Then I would get a copy of the actual warranty, read it Very CAREFULLY, find out exactly what is include and excluded. Find out what modifications void the warranty. And above all remember that all warranty companies are in business to collect your money only - just like insurance companies, in fact they are basically an insurance company, but are somewhat less inclined to pay money out than an insurance company. If any of the mods you plan to do or possibly do void the warranty - either forget the mods or forget the warranty. Treat this as solely a business decision nothing more nothing less.

This post may sound somewhat cynical, but it's not, it is reality.

Mike

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I've had good luck with extended warranties on my 2010, and also bought one for my new Crew. Pricing is everything. I was offered one that supposedly costs $1499 but I could get it for a special price of $999 just for me. Did a little internet research and found the average cost for that warranty was $750. That's what I offered. That's what they accepted. I don't do a lot mods that would change engine, powertrain, or trannies, so for me, that hasn't been an issue. My dealer has always gotten my repairs approved with no hassles. I agree with Mike T.... make it a business decision and buyer beware - there is a ton of mark up on those things and lots of wiggle room. Don't be afraid to beat down the "special" pricing with a counter offer of your own. Bill

Reactions: fswan
1 - 6 of 6 Posts