PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
777 Posts
Value is in the eyes of the beholder. If you are going to put a whole lot of miles on it in 4 yrs then maybe worth but if you are like me and will be lucky to put on 1,000 miles in 4 yrs because its get seasonal usage, not worth it IMO.

Be advised the warranty is null and void if you modify from stock or use non-Polaris parts. Read the fine print.

· Registered
2015 Polaris ranger 570 XP
4,156 Posts
Extended warranties are essentially insurance, and warranty companies make a lot of money by selling insurance. Whether it will pay off or not is a crap shoot. If you don't get an extended warranty you are self insured, meaning you have to pay for any repairs that might come up during the warranty period. Another thing to bear in mind is that extended warranties don't cover everything and like any insurance company they will try to find a reason not to cover claims. In the past I've read several posts on this Forum with people complaining about extended warranties for various reasons.

Personally I've never bought an extended warranty on any product and I'm sure I'm ahead money wise. The only times I could have used an extended warranty were on two different Whirlpool refrigerators and if I had I'd still have the same junk refrigerators with the same problems. Instead I junked both and bought a different brand and model type.

· Registered
14 Posts
I bought a Polaris 4 year extended warranty. My 2018 XP900 quit running last July. I took it to Auburn Extreme Powersports in Auburn California. The only thing they can figure is we ran it at idle and very slow over the 1353 miles and 493 hours and it built up carbon. It had built up a lot of carbon on one piston and the valves causing a lean condition. They’ve never seen anything like it. Polaris tried to say there was dirt, dust etc in there and thats what caused it. The dealership fought hard for me saying they didn’t see anything like that at all. In the end Polaris paid for a long block to the tune of $7,300. I had to show proof to Polaris that I used factory parts, receipts and log book. First time an extended warranty paid off for me. I’m making sure to get the rpm’s up every day now, hoping for the best. I should have bought my wife a mule and me a RZR to start off with. Now she has a 1998 mule with enclosed cab and heater that I’m fixing up and I’m taking over the Ranger.

· Registered
46 Posts
I bought the extended warranty for my 2019 Northstar and it was worth it, easily received value 2x or 3x with warranty work that needed to be completed. I think the dealership advocating on your behalf makes a big difference as well. When I purchased the 2023 I as well purchased the extended warranty based on the experience with the 2019. If I never use it that is fine too, as someone else already mentioned its basically insurance and gives me a certain level of peace of mind. Typically I do not buy extended warranties, however after doing all the research prior to purchasing I felt like it would be a good move based on other users experiences.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts