PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello once again to all the prc folks. I'm currently working on an aluminum bracket which would allow me to mount a bow rack on a Ranger. Unfortunately, I don't own a Ranger yet and there's no local supplier for me to visit to obtain some dimensions. My bracket will span between the two parallel, vertical roll bars on the back. What I'm looking for is the exact distance between these bars and the diameter of the bars. Anyone have a tape measure handy? I don't think there's any dimensional variations between models or model years. But if there is, please educate me. Thanks in advance.

Arliss

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
The roll bar is 1" 1/2 inside bar is outside bars are 1" 3/4 and the space between my two inside parallel rear bars are 20" 3/8 apart.
Are you making this to carry bow outside?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I just knew I'd screw this up. LOL
The rear cage outside parallel bars are 1"3/4 and the inside set of paralle are 1"1/2 wide.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm making a bar to span between the roll bars for my crow 5 point
harnesses. This is what I got using a pair of 24" calipers.

The outside bars are 1.75 Dia. and the inside bars are 1.5 Dia.
The spacing between the drivers side bars is 18.015
The center spacing is 22.00
The passenger spacing is 17.935

These distances are center to center.

I,m not sure if all rangers are the same. I think they should be, but because there is a difference between the driver side and the passenger side spacing, I would not assume the are all the same.

The image below will better explain.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Commander

Are you making this to carry bow outside?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Yes, I've designed pickup brackets and ATV brackets for my bow rack (Bowkaddy), but there seems to be a need for an effective bow-carrying system on Rangers and the like.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The drawings have been sent away for tool-making and sample production. In the meantime, here's what one of my Ranger patrons did with his kaddy...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts