PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
ga80486 said:
Does the back glass reduce the noise coming from the rear any?

And how did you get the camo on there? Is it like a one way mirror, so you can see out?
I haven't noticed any reduction in noise from the rear. The film is perforated, so yes you can see thru it.

Click

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
shootfirst said:
It looks amazing. Very well done.

Would you mind telling me what size of 1/8 plexi/lexan is needed for
a) full front windshield
b) full rear backglass
The Polaris full w/s was 33 1/4" tall. The width @ the top is 47", 45 1/2" @ the bottom. The bottom is trimmed to fit the dash.

It's 1/4" thick. I'm not sure if 1/8" thick Lexan or plexiglass would be thick enough to resist bending inward @ speed. Myabe some of the other members can comment.

The 1/2 w/s is 17 1/2" high. The width @ the top is 46 1/4", 45 1/2" @ the bottom.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Rear Window

Did anyone ever find out the angle of bend? Gonna see how much a poece of Lexan costs.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'll check the angle Thurs' night & post it here.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The angle of the bend in the back glass is 152*.

·
Registered
65 Posts
revrnd said:
The camo window film is from camowraps. Now a question, I have a half w/s, is there any problems w/ air pressure on the back glass when trailering it?
Awesome project you have done! What size sheet did you order from camowraps to cover that size?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Virginian said:
revrnd said:
The camo window film is from camowraps. Now a question, I have a half w/s, is there any problems w/ air pressure on the back glass when trailering it?
Awesome project you have done! What size sheet did you order from camowraps to cover that size?

Thanks,
I used their 2 foot x 5 1/2 foot sheet.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thank you! So with only a 2' tall piece to work with, I assume that the camo graphic pattern matched up in strips down the back?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Virginian said:
Thank you! So with only a 2' tall piece to work with, I assume that the camo graphic pattern matched up in strips down the back?
Eric actually I just cut the length to fit the width (4 1/2 feet) of the backglass. I didn't cover the bottom portion. This part isn't visible because of the box side extension or in the fall during hunting season, the gun box.

·
Registered
65 Posts
revrnd said:
Virginian said:
Eric actually I just cut the length to fit the width (4 1/2 feet) of the backglass. I didn't cover the bottom portion. This part isn't visible because of the box side extension or in the fall during hunting season, the gun box.

Got it! Thanks for answering my questions. I appreciate you taking the time.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Replaced a couple of the images.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts